Main Menu

Civilization VI

Started by Zanza, May 11, 2016, 10:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Damn, 30 years? Thought it was older.
PDH!

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on February 28, 2022, 07:12:36 AMNice bbc interview with Sid Meier about games:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60304123

And it's the 30th anniversary of Civ 1's release. :gasp:

Wow! That's one game that had me up all night many times!

Syt

So there's a new expansion pass coming, with more leaders for existing Civs.

https://civilization.com/en-GB/news/entries/new-leaders-coming-to-civilization-vi/

QuotePack 1: Great Negotiators
Abraham Lincoln (United States)
Queen Mbande Nzinga (Kongo)
Sultan Saladin (Arabia)

Pack 2: Great Commanders
Tokugawa (Japan)
Nader Shah (Persia)
Suleiman the Magnificent (Ottoman Empire)

Pack 3: Rulers of China
Yongle (China)
Qin Shi Huang the Unifier (China)
Wu Zetian (China)

Pack 4: Rulers of Sahara
Ramses (Egypt)
Ptolemaic Cleopatra (Egypt)
King Sundiata Keita (Mali)

Pack 5: Great Builders
Theodora (Byzantines)
Sejong (Korea)
Ludwig II (Germany)

Pack 6: Rulers of England
Elizabeth I (England)
Varangian Harald Hardrada (Norway)
Victoria - Age of Steam (England)

For Windows PC, if you purchase Civilization VI Anthology (or purchase all of the content that's included in it separately at any time), you'll be eligible to receive the Leader Pass for no additional charge. For Mac App Store and iOS, the Civilization VI: Leader Pass is available for individual purchase only.

If a leader is for a civ that was added via DLC, you will need that DLC, too.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Is Ludwig II the Bavarian king that built Neuschwanstein or Ludwig II "The German" who founded the Eastern Franconian Realm that eventually became called Germany?  :hmm:

Solmyr

He's under Great Builders, so I suspect the Bavarian.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Darth Wagtaros

Will new leaders really change or improve the game dynamics?
PDH!

Syt

Not sure. On their Steam page they also advertise Julius Caesar who you unlock when you link your 2K account with your Steam account (there's been similar schemes for getting units/leaders in Total Warhammer, IIRC).

QuoteNew Ability: Veni, vidi, vici
Receive 200 Gold whenever you conquer a city for the first time or 100 Gold when you clear a Barbarian Outpost. These Gold amounts both increase to 500 after you research Steel.

That extra gold for barbs seems a bit strong in early game? :hmm:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

Quote from: Solmyr on November 18, 2022, 02:12:44 AMHe's under Great Builders, so I suspect the Bavarian.
Yes, sounds likely.

Zanza

Looks like the Leader Pass is free if you have the "Anthology" pack, which I seem to have on Steam (despite buying all the DLCs separately). Looking forward to playing Civ again with the new content. It's still a fun game.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Zanza on November 19, 2022, 10:34:40 AMLooks like the Leader Pass is free if you have the "Anthology" pack, which I seem to have on Steam (despite buying all the DLCs separately). Looking forward to playing Civ again with the new content. It's still a fun game.

probably because your collection is complete (as you said). Won't bet my head on it but I guess it'll register as being equal to the anthology. (When I click on the Anthology bundle in steam it says 18 out of 18, bundle complete)