News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Civilization VI

Started by Zanza, May 11, 2016, 10:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 31, 2021, 07:44:14 AM
What was cool was in a game ysterday my city state ally was able to break up a Mongol assault and then razed one of their cities.  I don't recall seeing that before.  I quickly rushed a settler in to claim the ground.
I think they did that for a while.  If they capture a city, which they can try to do, they will raze it unless it's unrazable.  It's helpful to engineer when you want to get rid of some enemy city, but you don't want to take the diplo hit for razing it.

Darth Wagtaros

I've been trying a bunch of different games, one thing I notice is I'm always without strategic resources. Iron, coal, oil, or alumunim, there is never any source within my civilization and I need to try to find some worthless (tundra or desert) tiles to settle to grab a few scraps. It gets annoyiung since I'm always vulnerable.
PDH!

Eddie Teach

Tundra and desert squares are great places to build districts and wonders.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

I often imagine what it's like to live in a Civ 6 city.  You want to see a play in a theater with your wife?  Sure, put your tundra clothing on and take a 500 mile one-way trip to the theater district.  Don't let the smell put you off, it turns out it was built on top of oil back when no one knew what oil was, but that's okay, it's collected as it's seeping out with the same efficiency as if there were a derrick there.

Solmyr

I once had my civilization's first holy site built on top of uranium. That must have been an interesting religion.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Speaking of Civ, I had my first religous victory today. (It's only my third or fouth campaign.)

Religious victory is pretty tough. Lots of whack-a-moling. Oh, I've converted five of eight civs. Now six of eight, now sev...wait, shit, two of them converted back.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Btw, is there a way to go back and see what a tribal village gave you? Too often the notification flies by while the screen is focused elsewhere.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 10, 2021, 07:09:27 PM
Btw, is there a way to go back and see what a tribal village gave you? Too often the notification flies by while the screen is focused elsewhere.
It hink there is a log.
PDH!

Josephus

So I took a week off and now returned to the game... or hoped to.
Having trouble launching it. Once the launcher came up and said "No games" or something.
Now it just shows "running" in the interface, but launcher won't even load.

bloody waste of money. :(
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Darth Wagtaros

I've noticed some more bugs fromthe latest updates. I had one unit just not get promotions. Fight after fucking fiht, but no promotion.  Plus it'll suddenly just crash.  But I'm trying to enjoy it.
PDH!

Darth Wagtaros

Any good mods to make this more interesting? I never found anything as good as Fall from Heaven
PDH!

Josephus

there's another bug where CIV's are going science mad. Might explain why I came up against robots before I even had musketmen

https://www.pcgamesn.com/civilization-vi/ai-science-bug
Civis Romanus Sum

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on July 04, 2021, 09:41:59 AM
So I took a week off and now returned to the game... or hoped to.
Having trouble launching it. Once the launcher came up and said "No games" or something.
Now it just shows "running" in the interface, but launcher won't even load.

bloody waste of money. :(
I keep having trouble playing. In fact, as I write now, I have been playing for less than 10 minutes since 19:00, the rest of my time was devoted to try and find a solution for these constant crash or mod conflict error (when everything worked fine with the same setup on Sunday...)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Nice bbc interview with Sid Meier about games:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60304123

And it's the 30th anniversary of Civ 1's release. :gasp:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"