News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Civilization VI

Started by Zanza, May 11, 2016, 10:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Could be that Kongo has a hidden random agenda of disliking people who explore more than he does.

Tamas

I have come to like the graphics, although I was very critical of them based on screenshots. It is just nice, colourful, and lively.

I have settled down to using my "eureka off" mod and having Barbarians on.

Trying Kongo at the moment. I am starting to gain a lead in points over everyone as I now have my early Neighbourhoods and that has pretty much removed the barriers from rampant city growth.

I am undecided about the AI. I don't remember Civ ever having anything resembling a truly good AI it was just cheating relentlessly, and if this one had the free upgrade of units like the one in Civ4 had (can't recal if 5 had it), would be quite dangerous I think.

FunkMonk

This game is a good game. Well worth the $47 I paid for it.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 27, 2016, 03:47:52 AM
Could be that Kongo has a hidden random agenda of disliking people who explore more than he does.

Oh no, I definitely know they have that as I've gotten statement before in other games about letting them do exploring. Seems a bit odd though that such is what triggered an immediate war.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on October 26, 2016, 04:30:18 AM
One thing that many people are pointing out, too, the "science rush" people are experiencing may in fact be caused by people playing the game wrong.
"You played the game wrong, you uncultured barbarian", said the pikeman captain to the tank commander.

Martinus

I can't believe I just lost the game as France. I was on my way to win the cultural game (and had the strongest military and science) but once I invented Enlightenment I stopped caring for American missionary spam (I was Catholic, America was Protestant, Arabia got wiped out by barbarians, and Aztecs did not found any religion). And fucking Americans won a religious victory. In 1800s. :bleeding:

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

I blame Arabs. If they weren't wiped out by barbarians, I bet they would play the silly game of religion with America and keep the balance, while I would have sailed easily into a culture victory.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

How the fuck do you win a religious victory?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote from: The Brain on October 27, 2016, 02:53:43 PM

Superior brain-washing.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Bring about the Rapture.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

It's just called a "religious" victory. There are actually other, hidden and undelying VP checks happening that actually drive the win, you just can't tell.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Zoupa

The game is in serious need of balancing. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too strong bonuses for every little thing.

Some UI and gameplay additions would be nice too:

Why can't I have a build queue?
Where is the Alert function for units?
Why can't I adjust tooltip delay?
Why can't I see a city's potential radius when I have my settler selected?
Why don't I get an alert when my city grows or a city's borders expand?
Why can't I tell which tile will be available next and when?
Why don't I get a pop-up saying what bonus was given by the tribal village I just explored?
Why doesn't the map zoom to where my unit is being beat up by a barbarian?

These were all available with Civ 5, seems puzzling why they would take any of these out. I don't want to guesstimate when I play a strategy game, I want to strategize.

Btw if anybody has answers about my list of grievances above, do tell. I might just be ignorant about where to click to get the info.