And we're back!

Main Menu

Civilization VI

Started by Zanza, May 11, 2016, 10:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on August 09, 2016, 02:08:00 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 09, 2016, 01:56:09 PM
Huh. What did she do besides marry some Lithuanian thus creating one of the largest nations in...oh I get it.

She also restored the Krakow University (by selling her own jewelry) and was generally a very colourful individual (her love for the Habsburg prince who was her original bethrothed was a stuff of legend, yet she ended up marrying Jagiello for political reasons).

With characters like Cleopatra, Catherine de Medici and Jadwiga, they are clearly going for personalities over (military) accomplishments, which is fine with me, to be honest.

Does this mean that Fred Rogers, who had a lovely personality, is leader of the US?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on August 09, 2016, 02:14:00 PM

Does this mean that Fred Rogers, who had lovely personality, is leader of the US?

:lol:

'Hello Neighbor! My words are backed by nuclear weapons.'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on August 09, 2016, 02:12:13 PM
Huh. What did she do besides marry some Lithuanian thus creating one of the largest nations in...oh I get it.

She also restored the Krakow University (by selling her own jewelry) and was generally a very colourful individual (her love for the Habsburg prince who was her original bethrothed was a stuff of legend, yet she ended up marrying Jagiello for political reasons).

With characters like Cleopatra, Catherine de Medici and Jadwiga, they are clearly going for personalities over (military) accomplishments, which is fine with me, to be honest.

I have no problem with it I was just being silly.

Yeah I got it. I was just commenting in general. :)

The Brain

How un-Polish to sell her jewry. :rolleyes:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on August 09, 2016, 02:16:22 PM
:lol:

'Hello Neighbor! My words are backed by nuclear weapons.'

Better yet, Bob Ross the Undead.  He can increase lumber production by creating lots of "happy little trees"
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

Barbarossa leads the German civ. The plate armour is a bit off but otherwise a cool civ. Germany gets:

- bonus to attack city state units (useful especially when your enemy "conscripts" the armies of their CS ally to use against you)
- an extra slot for military policy in any government (useful both for building an uber-militaristic government but also to keeping some military capability in a pacifist/economy-oriented government)
- special district called Hansa which replaces Industrial district and grants extra production for adjecency
- an u-Boot (sp?) military unit
- ability to build an extra district per city (as determined by the populace)

Martinus

Haha Firaxis accidentally revealed most leaders by opening Civpedia during a live stream. :ouch:

Seems there are two leaders for Greece - Pericles and Gorgo. Interesting.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Martinus on August 19, 2016, 02:19:09 AM

Doesn't look Greek. :hmm:

:P

celedhring

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 19, 2016, 02:25:16 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 19, 2016, 02:19:09 AM

Doesn't look Greek. :hmm:

:P

Nah, they are talking about Cersei Lannister  :P

Martinus

I like that they have an Italian in charge of France, a German in charge of England, a Greek in charge of Egypt and a Spaniard in charge of Rome.

Edit: Also a Kurd leading Arabs. :P

The Brain

What's the deal with the armor? Will Peter wear kevlar?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Philip II the Flamboyantly Fabulous leader of Spain. I like him already :D

Special bonuses:

- Can form "fleets" (3 units of the same type in Civ 6 can be combined into one stronger unit - called either a corps or a fleet, depending if it is a land or naval unit - upon discovery of certain techs - such combined unit is stronger than 1 unit but weaker than 3) earlier;
- Intercontinental trade routes bring more gold
- Gets bonus to melee fights with heathen civilizations
- Inquisitors get one extra "charge"
- Special unit called conquistador - converts an enemy city upon conquest, provided there is a missionary or an inquisitor in the vicinity
- Special land improvement called mission - provides extra faith when built on foreign continents (than your capital), gives extra science when adjacent to a campus (the science district)

Pretty cool.  :cool:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Solmyr on August 09, 2016, 10:20:55 AM
Scythians first look video. Seems they are the new Mongols/Huns.

Btw, here is a leaked poster with what are likely the different civs and leaders: http://well-of-souls.com/civ/images/civ6_portrait_bingo1.jpg

Doesn't require horse resources? :yeahright:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 07, 2016, 02:04:31 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on August 09, 2016, 10:20:55 AM
Scythians first look video. Seems they are the new Mongols/Huns.

Btw, here is a leaked poster with what are likely the different civs and leaders: http://well-of-souls.com/civ/images/civ6_portrait_bingo1.jpg

Doesn't require horse resources? :yeahright:

I guess the idea is that Scythians carry horses with them wherever they go. :P