Obama to sign executive order to ignite corporate competition

Started by garbon, April 15, 2016, 06:55:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 16, 2016, 05:44:50 AM
It's possible here too, but you end up paying the same price when you get telephone, cable TV and internet by the same Internet provider as with only internet, so most people get "triple play" as they call it.

Ah. We cut our bill in 1/3 when we ditched the cable(telephone already separate).
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

I only got internet. Dropped cable and landlines years ago. Cable business model is so primitive.

Anyway, about Zerobama, i think he still doesn't understand free market capitalism. You want more competition? Get your hands out of the dam economy. All his regulations are distorting the market and choosing winners regardless of economic performance.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 16, 2016, 03:26:00 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 15, 2016, 09:56:34 PM
I liked John McCain's idea of making channel subscriptions a la carte. Only pay for the ones you want.

People would not be happy with the prices they would end up being offered.  1 channel out of the 300 you get would not cost 1/300 of your current cable bill.
We sort of have this.  It's about 1$/channel, on top of the basics that costs 30-40$ depending on the provider.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Siege on April 16, 2016, 10:54:36 PM
I only got internet. Dropped cable and landlines years ago. Cable business model is so primitive.

Anyway, about Zerobama, i think he still doesn't understand free market capitalism. You want more competition? Get your hands out of the dam economy. All his regulations are distorting the market and choosing winners regardless of economic performance.
and you think that without regulations, any kind of regulations in the cable market, existing players would not achieve a form of oligopoly, but rather, we'd see dozens of independant providers popping up out of nowhere?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on April 16, 2016, 10:54:36 PM

What times and places do you think free market capitalism occurred?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017