News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

No Man's Sky

Started by lustindarkness, March 30, 2016, 10:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

I never play open world games, but I'm finding this one interesting. Comes out in June. Any opinions?

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Barrister

It looks cool, but I'm not actually sure whether there's any game there.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/03/03/no-mans-sky-preview/
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grallon

It does look interesting - let's hope is more user friendly than EVE and does not devolve into some scam infested MMO.  I wonder if you can build things on all those worlds you discover!?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

lustindarkness

If I play this, the first planet I find I will name Languish. Because with my luck it will be an inhospitable desert shithole with no resources. :D
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Josquius

Heard about it ages ago, looked interesting, and promises at least partial single player so thats a bonus on Elite 4.
██████
██████
██████

Norgy

Looks a tad too ambitious to be very good on release.
But I'd play it, for sure.

lustindarkness

So I read up a bit on this yesterday. A few things I find interesting:

It is a singleplayer game where you share your discoveries with everyone else playing the game but you never see another player. You interact with NPCs. (So Seedy can't kill you over and over until you rage quit).

Also interesting, the subreddit is very active and full of nice people :wacko:

What do you do in this game? Whatever you want. Explore, mine, fight, trade, loot, none or all of the above.

A huge open world universe game I can play on the PS4 without worrying about PC minimum requirements! :yeah:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Norgy

PC Gamer UK did a 30 minute video of it.
It looked interesting. First landing in some random sulphuric hellhole with very little to do except GTFO.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Norgy on March 31, 2016, 09:40:49 AM
PC Gamer UK did a 30 minute video of it.
It looked interesting. First landing in some random sulphuric hellhole with very little to do except GTFO.

That sounds like planet Languish! :D
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Norgy

lustindarkness

So I made the mistake? of watching a few (all of them!) videos on this game this weekend. I am now part of the hype for this game. :blush: Why do I do this to myself?  :Embarrass:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Norgy

Pants: Industrial Dairy Factory.

Berkut

Where is the part that makes this game even a little bit interesting?

I fell asleep after the first 3 minutes of that video where the guy was droning on about finding ancient artifacts.

Is there something later on that looks somehow not totally boring?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned