What's the current terrorism threat level where you are?

Started by Brazen, March 23, 2016, 07:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

QuoteCurrent threat from international terrorism
The current threat level for international terrorism in the UK is SEVERE.

Current threat from Northern Ireland-related terrorism
The threat level for Northern Ireland-related terrorism is set separately for Northern Ireland and Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland).

- The current threat level for Northern Ireland-related terrorism in Northern Ireland is SEVERE.
- The current threat level for Northern Ireland-related terrorism in Britain is MODERATE.

Those threat levels in full:
LOW means an attack is unlikely.
MODERATE means an attack is possible, but not likely
SUBSTANTIAL means an attack is a strong possibility
SEVERE means an attack is highly likely
CRITICAL means an attack is expected imminently

https://www.mi5.gov.uk/threat-levels

Grey Fox

It wasn't raised but I can't find the actual level. I am going to call it "Very Low".
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

Martinus

Also in Poland the level is "basic" (no information about possibility of a terrorist threat).

LaCroix

Quote from: Martinus on March 23, 2016, 07:33:26 AM
Wtf, severe threat of IRA terrorism?  :huh:

look at their history. since 2006, it's been a series of SEVERE, CRITICAL across the board. threat warning inflation :(

Duque de Bragança

Vigipirate Alerte Attentat. Maximum level.
State of emergency but no state of siege, yet.

Brazen

Quote from: Martinus on March 23, 2016, 07:33:26 AM
Wtf, severe threat of IRA terrorism?  :huh:
In Northern Ireland. It may not have made the international press but a prison officer died in a car bomb blast earlier this month.

Brazen

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 23, 2016, 07:31:03 AM
It wasn't raised but I can't find the actual level. I am going to call it "Very Low".
"Medium" apparently.

Brazen

Archy

at the moment threat level 4: a serious and imminent threat for the whole country

We were on 3 before the attack

level 3 serious
level 2 avarage
level 1 low

celedhring

Threat level in Spain: High (4 out of 5). It's been that way since last June.

derspiess

In Cincinnati we use a Goetta meter.  I believe we're on "mild" but all it takes is an officer involved shooting for us to get to "hot".

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

I am at a constant state of alert and readiness, steeling myself with resolve at Threat Level Going To Die from A Vietnamese Nail Technician Texting in a Minivan.

Zanza

I am not aware that Germany has any officially publish terror threat level.

As I don't live in Berlin or Frankfurt, my personal terror threat perception is low.

barkdreg