Explosions at Zaventem Airport (Brussels airport)/Brussels metro

Started by Crazy_Ivan80, March 22, 2016, 02:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Dikembe Mutombo is okay, thankfully. Too bad he wasn't able to reject the bombers and wave his finger at them.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Zanza

Quote from: Martinus link=topic=13826.msg961488#msg961488
It depends what they do. Those who organise a protest in the Muslim district of Brussels after the arrest of the Paris attacks mastermind - or those who throw stones at police cars and ambulances during the same arrest - should be treated as enemies, and with no mercy. Do you disagree?
I am with Martin here. We need to prosecute terrorist sympathisers and supporters, and not just terrorists, swiftly and harshly and should deport them where possible. They create a fertile ground for further attacks and I don't see why we should bother to integrate them.
I am with Malthus though in that I don't think that most Muslims are in that group.

Legbiter

The Gutmensch cucks have at least one thing right, it's only a narrow minority of Islamoids that actively cheers on the more religiously devout Muslims as they bring the pain to the infidels.

It's just they'd never drop a dime on their own as they quietly meet and plan their next multicultural extravaganza.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Siege

Quote from: viper37 on March 22, 2016, 08:42:52 AM
Quote from: Jaron on March 22, 2016, 03:04:01 AM
More from the religion of peace?
they have as much to do with Islam as Charles Manson with America.
you

Your analogy fails.
Charles Manson was never claiming to speak in the name of America, and he was rightfully denounced by absolutely every body.

Your analogy is retarded.
Wait a minute, was this bait?
Did i just got baited by Viper?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

dps

Quote from: Berkut on March 22, 2016, 11:39:18 AM
I don't think anyone should really care about what the right says - we know they are full of shit.

Well fuck you, too, Berkut.

Quote from: Malthus
In contrast, the right tends to see Islamic terrorism as very much a "clash of cultures" between the West and the Islamic world itself; they tend to see radical Islam as simply a more militant, non-hypocritical version of regular old Islam. In this scenario, allowing Muslim immigration automatically increases danger - Islam isn't really "assimilatable", as it is in direct conflict with Western values...

...In contrast, on the right, there is more of a tendency to see "culture" in traditional terms, and a "clash of culture" as something "the West" may very well lose. And radical terrorism is only a part of that - so is changes in religion, language, dress and the like. Hence, to them, opposing immigration (particularly Muslim immigration) is more than about the danger of terrorism - it is also about the danger of "our" Western culture being diluted or replaced: which would, inevitably, also result in the loss of 'democracy, civil rights, rule of law', which are seen as cultural elements specific to "western" culture. 

Speaking as someone on the right, I don't think either of those characterizations are correct.  I certainly thing that Muslims can be assimilated (maybe not in Europe, but in the US and Canada, sure--see below) and I think that in the long term we'll win unless we abandon our values (which you say is a leftist, rather than rightist POV).

OTOH, saying that the West will win, as opposed to "we will win"--I am somewhat hesitant to lump western Europe in with the US and Canada here.  While since WWII, western Europe and the US have been politically aligned, and our political and cultural values are closer to each other than to those of any other area or group, I'm not sure that our values are as similar as might commonly be assumed.  I'm not sure that Europe will win, and partly that's because I think that they hold certain values that make them both less likely to succeed against Islamic fundamentalism, and on a certain level, less deserving of succeeding.  While I do have some difficultly in articulating exactly what values are different between Europe and Anglo-America, I think it's fairly obvious that we tend to be more inclusive than Europe (even though obviously we have had a long history of not always living up to our values).  I think one way this shows up is in our reaction to terrorist attacks when carried out by someone in the country they actually grew up in.  When it happens here, we're shocked, and our reaction is along the lines of "But they're Americans, how could they become radicalized like this?" whereas in Europe, the European reaction is more along the lines of "Well of course they're terrorists--they're dirty stinking Musselmen".

DGuller

One obvious difference between US/Canada and Europe is that US/Canada are not nation-states.  That by itself makes integration much easier.  I imagine that in Europe, no matter what generation French you are, you aren't really French if you don't look like a stereotypical Frenchman.

Zanza

I don't think your perceptions of Europe are correct, dguller and dps. You can be French with non-white skin and there is lots of soul-searching here about homegrown Muslims turning terrorist or joining the war in Syria.

Solmyr

Quote from: DGuller on March 22, 2016, 04:20:54 PM
One obvious difference between US/Canada and Europe is that US/Canada are not nation-states.  That by itself makes integration much easier.  I imagine that in Europe, no matter what generation French you are, you aren't really French if you don't look like a stereotypical Frenchman.

That's actually a crappy example because in France, you are French as long as you speak French and accept general French culture. :P In other countries, it varies.

Martinus

Are these statistics fake?

QuoteOn the back of the Brussels terror attack it is worthwhile remembering that while a majority of Muslims in the West appear to have no truck with terrorism or extremism, there are a significant number who sympathise with terrorism and repeatedly attempt to justify attacks on the West.

TERRORISM

An ICM poll from 2006 revealed that 20 per cent of British Muslims sympathised with the 7/7 bombers who brought terror to the streets of the British capital, killing 52 and injuring hundreds. This number rose to one in four British Muslims, according to NOP Research for Channel 4. With a British Muslim population of over 3 million today, that translates to roughly three quarters of a million terror-sympathising people in the UK.

The number rises for younger British Muslims – a sure sign that radicalisation through schools, mosques, and prisons (often via Saudi-funded groups) is creating a long-term problem in Europe. Thirty-one per cent of younger British Muslims endorsed or excused the 7/7 bombings of 2005, with just 14 per cent of those over 45 doing so.

Twenty-seven per cent of those polled in the United Kingdom say they had sympathy with the attacks on Charlie Hebdo – the French satirical magazine that published cartoons of the Muslim prophet Muhammed last year, with 78 per cent supporting punishment for the publication of cartoons featuring Muhammed and 68 per cent supporting the arrest and prosecution of British people who "insult Islam."

And this number pales in comparison to global Muslim population figures. According to World Public Opinion (2009) at the University of Maryland, 61 per cent of Egyptians, 32 per cent of Indonesians, 41 per cent of Pakistanis, 38 per cent of Moroccans, 83 per cent of Palestinians, 62 per cent of Jordanians, and 42 per cent of Turks appear to endorse or sympathise with attacks on Americans or American groups.

A 2013 study found that 16 per cent of young Muslims in Belgium believed that state terrorism is "acceptable," while 12 per cent of young Muslims in Britain said that suicide attacks against civilians in Britain can be justified.

Pew Research from 2007 found that 26 per cent of young Muslims in America believed suicide bombings are justified, with 35 per cent in Britain, 42 per cent in France, 22 per cent in Germany, and 29 per cent in Spain feeling the same way.

And Muslims who are more devout or dedicated to Islam are three times more likely to believe that suicide bombings are justified — a harrowing statistic when you consider that 86 per cent of Muslims in Britain "feel that religion is the most important thing in their life."

While just 5 per cent of UK Muslims said they would not report a terror attack being planned, the number leaps to 18 per cent amongst young, British Muslims. The anti-police narrative fuelled by groups like Black Lives Matter are no doubt contributing to this idea that people should not work with the police, with the British Muslim Youth group recently urging a boycott of police.

More recently, in 2015, it was revealed that 45 per cent of British Muslims think that hate preachers that advocate violence against the West represent "mainstream Islam."

Forty per cent of British Muslims say they want Sharia law in the West, while 41 per cent oppose it.

Despite the fact that "Islamophobia" did not rise after the Paris Attacks, there remains a grievance industry across the Western world which targets young Muslims especially, urging them to feel victimised by Western governments for taking a stance against Islamism – and scarcely a tough stance at that.

No more was this evident than in the case of Tell MAMA, a government-backed Muslim grievance group which saw its state funding removed after it was found trying to artificially inflate statistics on hate crimes against Muslims in the UK.

CRIMINALITY

Earlier this year it was reported that one in five prisoners in the United Kingdom's top security jails is now Muslim, a rise of 23 per cent from just five years ago. In total, a 20 per cent increase in the jail population in Britain has been outstripped by the rise in Muslim inmates — up 122 per cent over 13 years.

The same disproportionate figures are borne out across the United States, where Pew data from 2011 revealed that Muslims made up 9 per cent of state and federal prisoners though at the time Muslims made up just 0.8 per cent of the U.S. population.

In 2008, the Washington Post reported "About 60 to 70 percent of all inmates in [France's] prison system are Muslim, according to Muslim leaders, sociologists and researchers, though Muslims make up only about 12 percent of the country's population."

ANTI-SEMITISM

"An average of 55 percent of Western European Muslims harbored antisemitic attitudes. Acceptance of antisemitic stereotypes by Muslims in these countries was substantially higher than among the national population in each country," an Anti-Defamation League (ADL) report found in 2015.

A Swedish government report from 2006 found that that 5 per cent of the total population held anti-Semitic views, with the number surging to 39 per cent amongst adult Muslims.

In Germany in 2012, a study of the country's burgeoning Turkish population revealed that 62 percent of Turks in Germany said they wanted to only live amongst each other, with 46 per cent wanting the country to become a Muslim majority nation. This report also found that 18 per cent of the Turkish population thought of Jews as "inferior."

Breitbart News reported in January about an ongoing exodus of French Jews, with some 8,000 headed for Israel in 2015 and many others migrating to the UK or the U.S, as a result of rising anti-Semitism.

INTEGRATION

Despite hundreds of millions of pounds, dollars, and euros spent on integration projects, it appears to be a Sisyphean task – calling into question the rate at which immigration is occurring throughout the Western world and the tolerance with which our societies have operate thus far.

The BBC found that 36 per cent of 16 to 24-year-old Muslims believe that if a Muslim converts to another religion they should be punished by death. Thirty five per cent of Muslims say they would prefer to send their children to an Islamic school, and 37 per cent of 16 to 24-year-olds say they want government-funded Islamic schools to send their kids to.

The report again highlights the radicalisation of the Muslim youth in the West, with 74 per cent of 16 to 24-year-olds preferring Muslim women to wear the veil, compared with only 28 per cent for those over the age of 55.

Raheem Kassam is the Editor in Chief of Breitbart London. He tweets at @RaheemKassam and you can follow him on Facebook here

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/03/22/polling-muslims-in-the-west-increasingly-sympathise-with-extremism-terror/

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Martinus

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on March 22, 2016, 04:49:07 PM
Breitbart?  :lol:

That's not the question I asked - my question was "are these statistics fake?".

Zanza

Impossible to say without seeing the original studies and not just an editorial article from a well-known ideological website. The origin of the article makes me at least cautious and sceptical.

Malthus

Quote from: Legbiter on March 22, 2016, 04:16:22 PM
The Gutmensch cucks have at least one thing right,

Lord, you really do see everything in terms of your favorite kink!  :lol:

QuoteIt's just they'd never drop a dime on their own as they quietly meet and plan their next multicultural extravaganza.

Not true, as it happens. Or maybe Canadian "cucks" are different from the Euro variety.

See example:

http://globalnews.ca/news/508988/meet-the-lawyer-linking-police-with-torontos-muslim-community/

QuoteWhen they announced terror charges against Jaser, 35, and 30-year-old Montreal resident Chiheb Esseghaier, investigators took pains to note the arrests wouldn't have happened had community members not come forward. Muslim leaders were also invited to a briefing before Monday's press conference.

"This wasn't a one-off. ... These types of interactions between members of the Muslim community and authorities have been fairly common but haven't been well publicized," Syed said.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: dps on March 22, 2016, 04:17:31 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 22, 2016, 11:39:18 AM
I don't think anyone should really care about what the right says - we know they are full of shit.

Well fuck you, too, Berkut.

Quote from: Malthus
In contrast, the right tends to see Islamic terrorism as very much a "clash of cultures" between the West and the Islamic world itself; they tend to see radical Islam as simply a more militant, non-hypocritical version of regular old Islam. In this scenario, allowing Muslim immigration automatically increases danger - Islam isn't really "assimilatable", as it is in direct conflict with Western values...

...In contrast, on the right, there is more of a tendency to see "culture" in traditional terms, and a "clash of culture" as something "the West" may very well lose. And radical terrorism is only a part of that - so is changes in religion, language, dress and the like. Hence, to them, opposing immigration (particularly Muslim immigration) is more than about the danger of terrorism - it is also about the danger of "our" Western culture being diluted or replaced: which would, inevitably, also result in the loss of 'democracy, civil rights, rule of law', which are seen as cultural elements specific to "western" culture. 

Speaking as someone on the right, I don't think either of those characterizations are correct.  I certainly thing that Muslims can be assimilated (maybe not in Europe, but in the US and Canada, sure--see below) and I think that in the long term we'll win unless we abandon our values (which you say is a leftist, rather than rightist POV).

OTOH, saying that the West will win, as opposed to "we will win"--I am somewhat hesitant to lump western Europe in with the US and Canada here.  While since WWII, western Europe and the US have been politically aligned, and our political and cultural values are closer to each other than to those of any other area or group, I'm not sure that our values are as similar as might commonly be assumed.  I'm not sure that Europe will win, and partly that's because I think that they hold certain values that make them both less likely to succeed against Islamic fundamentalism, and on a certain level, less deserving of succeeding.  While I do have some difficultly in articulating exactly what values are different between Europe and Anglo-America, I think it's fairly obvious that we tend to be more inclusive than Europe (even though obviously we have had a long history of not always living up to our values).  I think one way this shows up is in our reaction to terrorist attacks when carried out by someone in the country they actually grew up in.  When it happens here, we're shocked, and our reaction is along the lines of "But they're Americans, how could they become radicalized like this?" whereas in Europe, the European reaction is more along the lines of "Well of course they're terrorists--they're dirty stinking Musselmen".

I don't think the attitudes I have described are universally held by left and right, but I do think it is fair to say there is a tendency for those on the left and right to align that way.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

I like how you ignored my post/question to you, Malthus.