Tank dating sim: because you always dreamed about it

Started by viper37, March 15, 2016, 08:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Panzermadels
My first reaction: These Japanese are really weird.

After reading the description: These Americans are really weird  :P

Looks like something for Mono or Lettow :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Lettow77

While I am of course aware of this game, and have followed its development, I wouldn't endorse it as "something for Lettow" because its a shoddy production. It was designed on a shoestring Kickstarter budget, and most of the dialogue are terrible tank puns, which veer between labored historical trivia and crass dialogue. (Have you ever been inside a tank?)

It bears mention that the vast majority of English-language visual novels which aim to ape the Japanese design tend to do so with vastly inferior quality products. Besides the immediately obvious trouble with the art, length is criminally short; It isn't too much of a stretch to say an English-language visual novel tends to clock in at 1/10th the length of their Japanese counterparts.

As a final, more personal, objection: None of these girls have properly arrayed bangs. The hairstyles on display are almost uniformly unpleasant. Immaculate, level bangs are the foundation of a pleasant waifu. 

This game is really trash.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Norgy

I read this as "tank raping sim". I really need to wear glasses more often.

viper37

Quote from: Norgy on March 15, 2016, 10:15:39 AM
I read this as "tank raping sim". I really need to wear glasses more often.

Only for the Japanese version ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.