Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

garbon

Quote from: Josquius on September 28, 2022, 09:37:48 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 28, 2022, 09:36:49 AM

Masterful trolling.

I guess it is a sign of inflation as I recall Emily Thornberry discussing this regarding incomes over 70k a few years back.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

I forget to check this thread for a few days and the UK financial system is collapsing all of a sudden. What the hell?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 28, 2022, 11:01:40 AMBut all of this is only required because of the violent turn against British government debts since the mini-budget. It is a dramatic emergency medicine. The risk still lingers. It does not solve the underlying problem."

Y'all are fucked.  If pension funds have a bond price floor under which they go insolvent that means the BoE will have to maintain its purchases ad infinitum, which, as Tamas pointed out, means inflation.

I expect the tax cuts to be reversed.

crazy canuck

Quote from: celedhring on September 28, 2022, 11:31:06 AMI forget to check this thread for a few days and the UK financial system is collapsing all of a sudden. What the hell?

As Gup feared, that is what happens when the Cons select a PM who knows not what she is doing.  Cutting taxes now was doubly stupid.  First, for the obvious reason that it is a failed policy of the right to generate economic activity. Second, if it was a sound policy, why the hell would one do that during the inflationary death spiral currently occurring in the UK?

mongers

I'm slightly disappointed that Shelf hasn't been posting in this thread today, perhaps saying how elements of the Truss/Kwantang 'economic policy' makes perfect sense.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 28, 2022, 06:34:13 PMLet's talk some shit about him.

No he's a nice chap, my post may have come off as snide but the web browser I'm temp using doesn't display or even show the smilie options.

Admiral Yi

Wasn't throwing shade at you mongers, just making a crack.  :)

mongers

'Truss-Kwarteng Investment Fund'  I'm considering registering this, do you think such a financial product would do well with the public? :unsure:

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 28, 2022, 06:43:05 PMWasn't throwing shade at you mongers, just making a crack.  :)

No wasn't criticising you, just thought my comment was 'off-colour'/poor.

crazy canuck

Oh come on, he will be disappointed if we don't talk smack about him while he is away.

Jacob

It's pretty obvious it's Sheilbh's vacation that's causing the economic crisis. If he was here, posting how it's actually not unreasonable the markets would pay heed and stabilize. Obviously he needs to come back.

Could one of you chaps who have his phone number send him an SMS?

Admiral Yi

His defense of Richarlison went beyond the limits of simple human decency.

The way he goes on about his castle upbringing is tacky and vulgar.