Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Legbiter

Hartlepool is voting?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Legbiter on April 26, 2021, 10:14:01 AM
Hartlepool is voting?
By-election next week (as well as local elections, London elections, Scottish Parliament and Senedd elections! :w00t: :o). The previous Labour MP stood down ahead of a forthcoming employment tribunal case around victimisation and sexual harassment.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Didn't MPs just be found dead in women's underwear and stuff? It was a simpler time I suppose.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Legbiter

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 26, 2021, 10:15:28 AMBy-election next week (as well as local elections, London elections, Scottish Parliament and Senedd elections! :w00t: :o). The previous Labour MP stood down ahead of a forthcoming employment tribunal case around victimisation and sexual harassment.

When was the last time Hartlepool went Tory? Wasn't it shortly after Bede wrote his ecclesiastical history of the English people? :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Legbiter on April 26, 2021, 10:32:08 AM
When was the last time Hartlepool went Tory? Wasn't it shortly after Bede wrote his ecclesiastical history of the English people? :hmm:
Looking into it, you need to go back to when it was the Hartlepools. But actually the last time they went Tory was Supermac - 1959-64. So possibly an other MacMillan-Johnson connection :hmm:

And incidentally that sounds like a classic race in 1959 - Labour MP who left school to work on the signals at the age of 12 and became a trade union official then into politics v a retired sailor who was awarded the DSO (he took command of a ship that was fired on in the Yantze, killing most of the senior staff, in 1949 during the closing stages of the Chinese Civil War) and wrote a book called "The World's Greatest Sea Adventures" :lol:

Edit: Gove was asked about Johnson's "bodies pile high" comments in parliament and responded very carefully: "The idea that he would say any such thing I find incredible, I was in that room and I never heard language of that kind."
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

One for the Brits - fill in the counties you've been to. I took that to mean actually visited not just transited:
https://mapchart.net/uk.html

Don't know how to post mine yet - but Tyr will be displeased :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

I've clearly still a fair bit to see.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Mine would probably be pretty rubbish tbh. When it costs 100 quid for a train across the country or 20 quid for a flight to a foreign land then you better believe I choose Prague over Reading.
And likely incomplete as most when I was a kid which I can't remember. Does that still count?

I dunno. With this map for the UK... It just feels lacking. Our counties just don't feel so special as in many other countries. In Japan for instance I really do keep track of my prefectures and Americans commonly do it too with their states. In the UK the lack of presence of flags and local distinctiveness is telling.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

I don't know anyone in America who keeps track of their visited countries - or at least not to the extent that they would talk about it. :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on April 27, 2021, 01:51:42 AM
I've clearly still a fair bit to see.
How'd you do that? :o
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Downloaded and then hosted on Tumblr.

Maladict

The Larch

It's going to be faster to just write it down here rather than downloading and hosting.  :lol:

England:

- Greater London.
- City of London.
- Oxfordshire.
- Cambridgeshire.
- Devon.
- Merseyside.

Scotland:

- Edinburgh.

Ireland:

- Dublin.
- Cork.
- Galway.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on April 27, 2021, 04:01:53 AM

No, how did you survive North Yorkshire?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on April 27, 2021, 04:01:53 AM
Thank you - I have a very old Tumblr account:
Let's bomb Russia!