News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josquius on May 11, 2024, 05:48:56 PMSurprising results. Thought Finland would do alright.
Guess the fun vote all went Croatia and the gay and musical theatre vote Switzerland?
Croatia seemingly got the rock vote too. Poor Norway.
Also impact of some people boycotting, plus proper campaign for Israel to get the popular vote.

As ever it's a show about European politics pretending to be about songs :lol: (Still remember Conchita Wurst v Russia after Putin's anti-LGBT+ laws and invasion of Crimea.)
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 11, 2024, 05:53:56 PM
Quote from: Josquius on May 11, 2024, 05:48:56 PMSurprising results. Thought Finland would do alright.
Guess the fun vote all went Croatia and the gay and musical theatre vote Switzerland?
Croatia seemingly got the rock vote too. Poor Norway.
Also impact of some people boycotting, plus proper campaign for Israel to get the popular vote.

As ever it's a show about European politics pretending to be about songs :lol: (Still remember Conchita Wurst v Russia after Putin's anti-LGBT+ laws and invasion of Crimea.)

But then why Switzerland?
In a time of everyone hating everyone they get it by default?
Incidentally why were Germany booed?

It was a shock Israel got so many.
And the Dutch banning... From what I've heard insanely harsh. Though I don't have the details.

Honestly not too upset about this song. Perhaps influenced by my ecstatic girlfriend. Been like a world cup final.

But seriously as said the guy could do without the rap but I did like aspects of the song. Certainly preferable to the usual generic tosh like Loreen.
Wouldn't have been my choice but the guy has skills.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Two time winner Loreen, "generic tosh"?! :o :ultra:

Edit: Oh and on the Germany boos I think it was because they gave 8 points to Israel, which was the highest from the juries.
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

Josq is right, Loreen 2023 song is crap.

National juries take the fun out this thing.

Austria, Croatia and Armenia were my top 3.

I expect we will hear Cyprus' song on the radio
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

A common problem for The Brain, I'm sure.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Is there a connection or a joke I'm not getting between furries and non brain nuclear engineers?
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

I saw another thread about that post. The consensus was that it's a Seattle thing.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?