News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Trump: The Art of the Deal: The Movie

Started by Barrister, February 12, 2016, 01:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

So website Funnyordie.com has a new web movie - Trump: The Art of the Deal: The Movie.  Supposedly it is the 1980s TV movie version of Trump's book which has been lost for all this time up until now.  Starring Johnny Depp as Donald Trump, with appearances from a bunch of other reasonably-famous actors and comedians.

It's... really, really strange.

Depp as Trump is kind of in line with a lot of his more recent roles - more makeup and funny accent than actual acting.  But all in all he's not that bad.

A lot of the humour of it is just in it's sheer 80s cheesiness.  Alf has a role in the movie.  The whole video looks like it's being played from a VHS cassette.

But obviously the movie was made as a kind of critique of his current presidential run.  I guess it wants to remind us all that Trump has been a minor media celebrity since, well, the 1980s.  And reminds us of some minor scandals Trump was involved at the time.

Anyways... it was very strange.  If you have 50 minute to kill there are worse ways of spending it.

Best moments for me?  The "Art of the Deal" theme song is done by Kenny Logins.  And in a brief joke in the credits to the fake movie (before the real credits starts) lists Best Boy as Martin Shkreli, Sr.

http://funnyordie.com/m/a842?_ccid=b5e9326c48891665&_cc=__dbbl
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.