News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2016

Started by grumbler, February 09, 2016, 06:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Bama's starting LT and a backup DB got arrested in Louisiana this morning with a bag of weed and two guns, one of which was stolen. 

E:  Forgot the link: http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/alabama-star-cam-robinson-impact-reserve-arrested-on-weapons-charges/

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 17, 2016, 11:59:21 AM
Bama's starting LT and a backup DB got arrested in Louisiana this morning with a bag of weed and two guns, one of which was stolen. 

E:  Forgot the link: http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/alabama-star-cam-robinson-impact-reserve-arrested-on-weapons-charges/

Wouldn't want to be the backup DB.  Saban will have to make an example of him.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Unless there's another LT who's just as good on their bench.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 17, 2016, 12:34:06 PM
Unless there's another LT who's just as good on their bench.

They were already looking to start one Freshman tackle.  They'll have to throw the book at Hootie.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Reports that Art Briles has been shitcanned by Baylor.  Official announcement is supposed to happen here in 20 minutes.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 26, 2016, 10:39:00 AM
Reports that Art Briles has been shitcanned by Baylor.  Official announcement is supposed to happen here in 20 minutes.

Woah. I have to say I am surprised. I probably shouldn't be given what has gone on there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on May 26, 2016, 10:41:41 AM
Woah. I have to say I am surprised. I probably shouldn't be given what has gone on there.

They're releasing that report at noon today too.  It must be BAD to just jump in and fire him right now, considering what they dug their heels in about prior to today.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 26, 2016, 10:55:30 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 26, 2016, 10:41:41 AM

They're releasing that report at noon today too.  It must be BAD to just jump in and fire him right now, considering what they dug their heels in about prior to today.

Man I have looking around to see what the Baylor fans have to say. Damn. They will never forgive Texas for this.

QuoteIf I was a Longhorn fan, I'd be very wary about attending a game in Waco ever again. I've got a feeling some violence in the stands and parking lot is highly likely to occur next year and for the foreseeable future.

Those Baptists are coming for us for what we did to them MBM. Be wary.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

grumbler

Ken Weasel also finally go his.  Starr has currently just been demoted to Chancellor (a position he already held, as well as being President), but I can't see how the school could possibly keep him even as a janitor.  This was conduct as egregious as any in university history.

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Unless he was actively involved in some sort of cover up to keep the powers that be from being involved, I don't see why the coach should be fired for the misconduct of his players. He is the football coach, not an admissions officer, or the campus police chief, or the college dean. If students are raping their way through the coed population at a school, they need to be arrested and kicked out. I'm not seeing the football coach with a role in the process.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: alfred russel on May 26, 2016, 04:27:56 PM
Unless he was actively involved in some sort of cover up to keep the powers that be from being involved,

He was.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on May 26, 2016, 03:05:34 PM
Those Baptists are coming for us for what we did to them MBM. Be wary.

This whole thing really did bring out the extra crazy in that fanbase. 

alfred russel

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 26, 2016, 04:33:06 PM
Unless he was actively involved in some sort of cover up to keep the powers that be from being involved,

He was.

Then charge him with a crime and lets put him in jail.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on May 26, 2016, 04:53:21 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 26, 2016, 04:33:06 PM

He was.

Then charge him with a crime and lets put him in jail.

Despite what you may have heard from some Baylor fans, UT and its fanbase actually lack the power to either arrest or fire Art Briles.

MadBurgerMaker

Hey Val, do you have a link to that one?  Which Baylor board was it on?