Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Disastrous, monstrous, inconceivable :yawn:
http://m.doverpost.com/article/20160203/NEWS/160209947

NEWS

Share  Comment
Arming the airmen: Dover AFB now allows open carry on base
USAF Photo/Senior Amn William Johnson
Tech. Sgt. Matt Copley of Dover AFB talks with Master Sgt. Patrick Carr Feb. 1. Copley completed the first Unit Marshal Program training course at the base and now is authorized to carry an M9 pistol while on duty.
By Jeff Brown
[email protected]
@DoPoJeff
Posted Feb 3, 2016 at 11:00 AM
Updated Feb 3, 2016 at 11:18 AM
Beginning Monday, visitors to Dover Air Force Base have been seeing a new level of security: airmen going about everyday jobs carrying sidearms.
The policy itself isn't new, but its implementation is a direct result of attacks on military personnel by terrorist sympathizers or individuals with mental health issues, said Lt. Col. Dana G. Metzger, commander of the 436th Security Forces Squadron.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Monoriu

You are telling me that in the US, it is normal for civilians to be armed, and military personnel to be unarmed  :hmm:

11B4V

Quote from: Monoriu on February 04, 2016, 09:44:38 PM
You are telling me that in the US, it is normal for civilians to be armed, and military personnel to be unarmed  :hmm:

On bases...yes.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DontSayBanana

Civilians have police.  Servicemen have MPs.
Experience bij!

11B4V

Plus state concealed permit or open carry is not allowed on federal military installations.

Jaron

I didn't know the Constitution ceased to exist on a military base.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Jaron on February 05, 2016, 03:20:12 AM

The 1st Amendment does...might as well throw in the 2nd as well.  :P

Josquius

Well this sounds like an excellent idea.
Who's for a bit of morbid gambling on when the first incident shall be?
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

It belongs in the water.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

No one knew that, so you aren't alone.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Solmyr

lustindarkness

Quote from: 11B4V on February 04, 2016, 11:08:58 PM

Plus state concealed permit or open carry is not allowed on federal military installations.

Any federal gun free zone really. :glare:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

Unnecessary, but an armed mouthbreather is a happy mouthbreather. #MuricaFerMuricans

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 05, 2016, 12:42:44 PM
Unnecessary, but an armed mouthbreather is a happy mouthbreather. #MuricaFerMuricans

Congrats on the 2A win in MD Seedy :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on February 05, 2016, 04:19:20 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 05, 2016, 12:42:44 PM

Congrats on the 2A win in MD Seedy :P

A shooting spree without high capacity magazines is simply no spree at all.