News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hillary vs Bernie

Started by Eddie Teach, January 31, 2016, 05:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Say you're at the Iowa Democratic caucus- who do you vote for?

Sanders
31 (46.3%)
Clinton
25 (37.3%)
Littlefinger
5 (7.5%)
Sanders, but only to make it easier for GOP to win
2 (3%)
Clinton, but only to make it easier for GOP to win
0 (0%)
Write in for Biden :(
1 (1.5%)
Write in for Trump :wacko:
3 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 66

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on February 01, 2016, 02:20:15 PM
Accuracy was not the WWII era USAF's strong suit.
it doesn't seem to have evolved much.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Martinus

I saw this:

and thought "Gee, he hasn't been very successful over these 44 years..."

The Minsky Moment

The Vietnam War is over - and Vietnam is now a US ally.  Poverty is lower than it was in 1962.  Racism is not as severe as it was in 1962.  And love . . . well that's subjective, and 3 out of 4 ain't so bad anyways.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

LaCroix

Quote from: grumbler on February 01, 2016, 12:34:20 PMI gave you three things. You have given nothing except a cite you now seem to want to run away from.

If you want to have an adult debate, you have to introduce actual arguments, not just say that you don't understand things, and then attack those who explain the things you don't understand.

obama's campaign didn't revolve around freeing palestine or whatever else you posted. he might have said them, as all politicians say something, but obama's campaign revolved around hope, change, etc. his campaign was "i'm not bush." that was the substance that swept the nation. sanders's campaign is different -- its substance is impossible to achieve.

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 02, 2016, 02:05:56 AM
The Vietnam War is over - and Vietnam is now a US ally.  Poverty is lower than it was in 1962.  Racism is not as severe as it was in 1962.  And love . . . well that's subjective, and 3 out of 4 ain't so bad anyways.

Interesting take on the word 'end'. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

I thought the poverty rate had been rising.  :hmm:

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 02, 2016, 02:31:33 AM

I thought the poverty rate had been rising.  :hmm:

From 1962?  No.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on February 02, 2016, 02:07:53 AM
obama's campaign didn't revolve around freeing palestine or whatever else you posted. he might have said them, as all politicians say something, but obama's campaign revolved around hope, change, etc. his campaign was "i'm not bush." that was the substance that swept the nation. sanders's campaign is different -- its substance is impossible to achieve.
I have no idea what argument you are making, other than a vague "it's impossible because... well, just because." You also don't get to decide what Obama campaign pledges count and which ones don't. 

If you have an actual argument, spit it out.  Otherwise, we're done.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on February 02, 2016, 02:25:45 AM

Interesting take on the word 'end'. :P

Hey! He isn't dead yet.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on February 02, 2016, 01:41:47 AM
I saw this:

and thought "Gee, he hasn't been very successful over these 44 years..."

Good thing you're not an accountant.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

LaCroix

Quote from: grumbler on February 02, 2016, 07:19:21 AMOtherwise, we're done.

okay, if you think obama's campaign revolved around freeing palestine, then see ya until next time

crazy canuck

Quote from: LaCroix on February 02, 2016, 01:39:36 PM
Quote from: grumbler on February 02, 2016, 07:19:21 AMOtherwise, we're done.

okay, if you think obama's campaign revolved around freeing palestine, then see ya until next time

:huh:

Obama's campaign was about a lot of things, some of which he accomplished despite a Republican party that thought preventing government from functioning was a virtue.

LaCroix

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 02, 2016, 01:50:02 PMObama's campaign was about a lot of things, some of which he accomplished despite a Republican party that thought preventing government from functioning was a virtue.

I don't get what you're saying. obama's campaign didn't have the same occupy wall street vibe that sander's campaign has. do you agree or?

garbon

I think CC is also forgetting the obstructionism (in-fighting) on display when say Obama entered the oval office and Dems controlled both houses.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: LaCroix on February 02, 2016, 01:57:10 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 02, 2016, 01:50:02 PMObama's campaign was about a lot of things, some of which he accomplished despite a Republican party that thought preventing government from functioning was a virtue.

I don't get what you're saying. obama's campaign didn't have the same occupy wall street vibe that sander's campaign has. do you agree or?

Their platforms are different.  But I certainly don't get an "occupy wall street vibe" from Sander's campaign.  From the perspective of a Canadian watching your process from the outside, his policies reflect more or less what we already do in terms of subsidizing university education, health care etc.  I suppose it only seems like a radical change because US politics have swung so far to the right in the last number of decades.