The Prestige (2006)
5 (16.7%)
Other
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Martinus

Quote from: Habbaku on January 11, 2016, 06:26:19 PM
The Prestige.  Perfect Tesla.

On second thought I agree and want to change my vote now.

Brazen

Voted Labyrinth with a close second for The Prestige.

celedhring

He was fine as Tesla but I'd be surprised if he has more than 5 minutes of screen time in that film.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

Quote from: celedhring on January 12, 2016, 06:14:03 AM
He was fine as Tesla but I'd be surprised if he has more than 5 minutes of screen time in that film.
He's kind of the heart of the movie though, the entire story is in some sense a retelling of the Edison-Tesla drama. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on January 11, 2016, 04:26:32 PM
I'm guessing that aspect of the movie didn't hurt. :cool:

IIRC The Hunger was one of those movies Showtime used to run late at night during the naughty movie hours.
I rewatched the ending on YouTube last night... totally ridiculous.  The Wikipedia article claims it was supposed to have a different ending and the studio demanded a rewrite, according to Susan Sarandon, who hated the new ending (with good reason).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

Quote from: celedhring on January 11, 2016, 01:38:26 PM
The Man Who Fell to Earth, comfortably. He was born to play that role.

The fact that he was on drugs for most of the production adds to his performance  :lol:

I agree.  The movie was made for him and he the movie.  It was perfect.  I wonder how many people here have actually seen it.

Josquius

The Man Who Fell to Earth...you know, in light of all the reporting around his birthday I was reading about that one and wanting to see it.

The Prestige, Zoolander and Labyrinth are the only ones I can remember seeing. Can't recall him from Zoolander.
I guess in terms of acting it would have to be The Prestige. Though for being iconic it is of course Labyrinth
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on January 12, 2016, 01:45:33 PM
The Prestige, Zoolander and Labyrinth are the only ones I can remember seeing. Can't recall him from Zoolander.

He judged the walk off.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.