News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy New Year Languish!

Started by celedhring, December 31, 2015, 05:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Still 2015, are you people from the future?!?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on January 01, 2016, 01:59:49 AM
Still 2015, are you people from the future?!?

2015, what? It is January 1, 1916.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Norgy

Actually, in some places it's 616. Still.

Solmyr

Delirium

Gott nytt år/Happy new year!

Kids were in bed by 9 pm, and we barely managed to stay awake past midnight, complaining about the absolute rubbish that was on TV these days. Tempus fugit.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

celedhring

Just woke up. That was a pretty decent party actually. Even the hangover is manageable.

Happy new year to you all.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

The new years celebrations in the mid-sized Argentinian city I am in was interesting but underwhelming.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on January 01, 2016, 08:01:38 AM
Just woke up. That was a pretty decent party actually. Even the hangover is manageable.

Same, and there's Indiana Jones on Antena 3 (even if it's the crystal skull one), there are worse ways to spend the new year for sure.  :P :cheers:

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on January 01, 2016, 10:12:05 AM

Same, and there's Indiana Jones on Antena 3 (even if it's the crystal skull one), there are worse ways to spend the new year for sure.  :P :cheers:

That's what I love about New Year. Most people working for TV channels have the day off, so they just put on movies all day long instead of their shitty shows.

The Empire Strikes Back later tonight  :w00t:

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on January 01, 2016, 10:38:39 AM
Quote from: The Larch on January 01, 2016, 10:12:05 AM

That's what I love about New Year. Most people working for TV channels have the day off, so they just put on movies all day long instead of their shitty shows.

The Empire Strikes Back later tonight  :w00t:

I was kinda hoping for The Princess Bride in some channel, that's a typical choice for days like this.  :lol:

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

garbon

Human beings are strange.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/final-facebook-message#.cuKOKR2py

QuoteA Man's Hopeful Final Facebook Post Is Going Viral After He Was Killed On New Year's Eve

A Marine veteran's final Facebook post of hope is spreading throughout the web after he was killed by a drunk driver on New Year's Eve.

Matthew DeRemer, 31, was riding his motorcycle in Largo, Florida, when he was struck by a drunk driver, the Tampa Bay Times reported.

DeRemer, an Iraq War veteran who loved to ride his bike, died at the scene, WTSP reported.

Steven Lee Clarke, 59, was arrested in the crash, according to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Department.

Clarke is facing a felony charge of DUI manslaughter in the crash.

But DeRemer's legacy is continuing on social media after his final Facebook post expressing hope for the new year was shared by his friends after his death.

DeRemer had posted a photo that read: "We are born in 1 day. We die in 1 day. We can change in 1 day. And we can fall in love in 1 day. Anything can happen in just 1 day."

He accompanied the photo with this message:
QuoteLast day of 2015!!!! For me I'll be meditating through all I do, on this entire year. I've lost, I've gained, family is closer and tougher than ever before, loved ones lost, and new friends found. There has been many times where I've been found on my knees in prayer for hours (relentless) and other times leading a group of people in prayer, my faith (that I love to share) is an everyday awakening (to me) that people, lives, and circumstances can change for the better OVER TIME. I look back at 2015's huge challenges that I've overcome, shared with others, and have once again found myself... To say thank you and BRING ON 2016, much works to be done!
And I really don't know where I'll end up tonight but I do know where I windup is where I'm meant to be.

After he died, DeRemer's friends started to share the message. It has since been shared more than 1,000 times. Many people wrote that it was amazing he could still touch people with such a powerful message after his death.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.