News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Merry Christmas to all of Languish!

Started by Liep, December 24, 2015, 05:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 25, 2015, 12:41:29 PM
You people got it all wrong, our very own Italian celebrates his birthday today.
TY Lusti :cheers:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on December 25, 2015, 12:37:42 PM
Merry Christmas. Look forward to another year of pointless arguments, and hours of wasted time with fellow Languishites in 2016

And it is indeed the birthday of the Messiah today. Merry Christmas Justin Trudeau.

:cheers:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Admiral Yi

Does anyone know someone who has given or gotten a new car for Christmas?  I'm wondering who all those ads are aimed at.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 26, 2015, 06:49:21 PM
Does anyone know someone who has given or gotten a new car for Christmas?  I'm wondering who all those ads are aimed at.

I think it's for people who want to get themselves something nice.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

I guess people may be inclined to buy a new car more in January (as opposed to the past few months) as that means they will have a 2016 plate rather than 2015?
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Considering they're from Lexus, Audi, Mercedes-Benz and Acura, they're obviously aimed at monied douchebags and 1%ers.  You know, your kind of people.

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 26, 2015, 07:00:40 PM

I think it's for people who want to get themselves something nice.

Ie, if you give a new car for the holidays, you get a trophy spouse, located on the age and attractiveness spectrum equivalent to the cost of the car, adjusted somewhat for your own age and attractiveness?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

Heh.

Nah, I was just saying people might use the holidays/year end bonus checks as an excuse to splurge on a new car. Most of the cars sold during the sale aren't gifted away.

Admiral Yi

To further the carjack, what psychological needs are met by those ads in which the nice looking wife buys the guy the fancy ride?

alfred russel

You know what would be interesting? A study of married couples and who drives the more expensive car, and subsequent divorce rates.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

celedhring

One of my friends got one for Christmas a few years ago from her brother. But her brother is very wealthy. So I guess that's your target.

sbr

My dad and I bought my daughter a 2002 Subaru Forester for Xmas/Birthday (her B-day is tomorrow), does that count?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: sbr on December 27, 2015, 12:08:46 PM
My dad and I bought my daughter a 2002 Subaru Forester for Xmas/Birthday (her B-day is tomorrow), does that count?

Only if you bought it in 2002.

Norgy

Quote from: Habbaku on December 25, 2015, 11:23:35 AM
Merry Christmas!  May your families not posit any insane theories during dinner!  :cheers:

Well, that wish fell through for me at least.

Belated seasonal greetings, merriment of the birth of Christ etc! Hope you had a good one.