News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

When history mixes with personal stuff

Started by Tamas, May 18, 2015, 04:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barkdreg

Katmai knows about my Spanish/Basque roots and I'm quite sure I've already told this story in the old Kapland forum.

You are correct, most other SCW veterans ended up in the Free French forces. I've never gotten an explanation how he ended up in the British Army. Sadly I've never met the man and he died some 30 years ago.

EDIT: 15th post this year, am I slowly delurking?

Queequeg

Quote from: Caliga on December 22, 2015, 10:58:58 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on December 22, 2015, 05:11:31 AM
I avoided going to Bosnia because my cousin died in a mass shooting by a Bosniak.  I don't really like Bosniaks still, at all.  I hate to say it but it's probably one of the reasons I identify with Serbs and hate the Ottomans so much, though I was a Byzanteen long before my cousin was murdered.
:mellow:

One of my good work friends (though the bastard recently defected to another company) is a Bosniak refugee.

I'm not really sure how to explain it.

I'm polite, and personable, with Bosniaks, and TBH could imagine being friends with one, but Bosniak culture and the Bosniak identity somehow make me uncomfortable. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

katmai

Quote from: barkdreg on December 22, 2015, 11:26:04 AM
Katmai knows about my Spanish/Basque roots and I'm quite sure I've already told this story in the old Kapland forum.

:yes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son