News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2016

Started by mongers, December 20, 2015, 09:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on January 10, 2016, 05:28:36 PM
ALL the young ladies are lining up at the House of Jaron. I have a feeling exercise will NOT be an issue this year.

:lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brazen

I've entered the Brighton Half Marathon at the end of February, but not sure how feasible it will as I'm recovering from a chest infection and I'm suffering from plantar fasciitis which makes every step painful*. If I can't comfortably do 10K this weekend I'll need to find a new goal.

* Plus I'm fat, asthmatic and old.

celedhring

Quote from: Brazen on January 11, 2016, 06:08:35 AM
I've entered the Brighton Half Marathon at the end of February, but not sure how feasible it will as I'm recovering from a chest infection and I'm suffering from plantar fasciitis which makes every step painful*. If I can't comfortably do 10K this weekend I'll need to find a new goal.

I'm in my 30s and I can't do that without feeling like I'm about to die :lol:

Syt

Quote from: Brazen on January 11, 2016, 06:08:35 AM

That's your Welshie talking. :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Brazen

Quote from: Syt on January 11, 2016, 06:17:28 AM
That's your Welshie talking. :rolleyes:
That's my scales and my turning forty-fecking-nine this year talking :P

Legbiter

Great news for all Languish lifting brahs!  :showoff:

QuoteWeight lifting can facilitate appreciative comprehension for museum exhibits

http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fpsyg.2014.00307/full

QuoteResults showed that memory performance was better and viewing duration was longer with weight lifting instruction than without instruction.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

mongers

Running for buses/trains is a form of exercise, right? :unsure:

The annoying thing is it's clearly not one thing or the other, running it ain't what with the wrong clothes/shoes plus it's a bit too laboured to be considered fast walking, which one could keep up for a decent time and be considered good exercise.

In other words I think it equates to crap interval training in ones work attire.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

For the first time ever, to do something.

My girlfriend is the actual brain of the operation for now. She prefers HIIT, so it's what we do. The struggle is real.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

[takes on hectoring tone]

Guys it hasn't been a good start to 2016, I had to rescue the thread from page 3 and 11 days ago so to speak.  <_<

[ends hectoring tone]

:P

Liep

According to Endomondo I've burned 7000kcal in training so far in January. I think that's pretty decent considering how cold and sucky the weather has been (ie. not being able to take a bike ride because of snow/frost).
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on January 25, 2016, 03:03:22 PM
According to Endomondo I've burned 7000kcal in training so far in January. I think that's pretty decent considering how cold and sucky the weather has been (ie. not being able to take a bike ride because of snow/frost).

OK you're excused extra homework, but the rest of you are in detention.   :P

alfred russel

I got a weight vest over the weekend. It is only 20 pounds. I was hoping it could add extra weight while hiking, for pull ups, and for sit ups. For sit ups I think it is a fail. The weight sits to low on my torso, so it doesn't become much harder, and also because the weight is also distributed on my lower back interferes with me going down. For pull ups it is worthless since I can't do enough at the moment to make it worthwhile to add weight. :( The last hope is hiking, though in the end I could always just use water to add weight to a pack (which has the added benefit of being disposable if the hike gets to hard).

I'm thinking of taking it to work and using it at lunch to go up the stairs (I'm in a highrise). I think that would would be weird though, and some people might freak out I'm wearing a suicide vest or something.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Brazen

Official diagnosis of aggravated plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendinopathy. I have to stop running and keep off my feet as much as possible for at least three months, possibly six. I've got some stretches and exercises to do and I'm off to the gym tonight to get a non-impact programme.

Absolutely nothing I would willingly do can match running for energy expenditure and duration. I've done yoga, swimming and watching my waistline expand so far. I can't even do my 30 minute lunchtime power walk because every step hurts so damn much.

Liep

Goddamn fucking trademark laws and also fuck the Danish weather. Last week I had found a bike shop that had Genesis bikes in store but couldn't test the bike itself because of snow, now it's the first sunny day with a few degrees plus but the shop had to return all the Genesis bikes this week because some jackass brand in Denmark owned the rights to the Genesis name here.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on January 28, 2016, 06:09:49 AM
Goddamn fucking trademark laws and also fuck the Danish weather. Last week I had found a bike shop that had Genesis bikes in store but couldn't test the bike itself because of snow, now it's the first sunny day with a few degrees plus but the shop had to return all the Genesis bikes this week because some jackass brand in Denmark owned the rights to the Genesis name here.

:(

I think they should have a well deserved.  :rolleyes: