News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Polemics of Donald Trump

Started by Ender, December 28, 2015, 01:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 29, 2015, 09:47:37 AM
I suppose if people accept this as factual then they will also think Trump would make a good president.

Nah. One can recognize that "liberals" as the author uses the term are idealists while still recognizing that Trump is a buffoon.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 29, 2015, 10:15:10 AM
I suppose if people accept this as factual then they will also think Trump would make a good president.

Nah. One can recognize that "liberals" as the author uses the term are idealists while still recognizing that Trump is a buffoon.

There was an author? :unsure:

Item just seemed like a collection of grudges strung together.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Quote from: mongers on December 29, 2015, 10:21:46 AM

There was an author? :unsure:

Item just seemed like a collection of grudges strung together.

Like a book of grudges? :hmm:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

I think you just made my point.  If one accepts that liberals are idealists then Trump starts to make some sense.  And the liberal goal of having an educated society will indeed have failed.

Eddie Teach

You may not like how Americans, especially conservatives, use the word "liberal" but it does not make them uneducated.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 29, 2015, 11:17:20 AM
You may not like how Americans, especially conservatives, use the word "liberal" but it does not make them uneducated.

If they believe the tripe in that article then uneducated is perhaps the most kind thing one can say about them.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Norgy on December 29, 2015, 02:34:24 AM
What about the Apollo program, or was that already in place?

Sure, but I was thinking of free money for hard working middle class Americans kind of programs.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 29, 2015, 01:48:03 PM
Quote from: Norgy on December 29, 2015, 02:34:24 AM
What about the Apollo program, or was that already in place?

Sure, but I was thinking of free money for hard working middle class Americans kind of programs.

He was certainly a supporter of those already in action. And he did things like the space program which included the hated liberal federal intervention into education. And he did things like the Peace Corps which Clinton tried to copy with AmeriCorps.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."