A weird, recurring error in BIOS

Started by Norgy, December 15, 2015, 12:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Dumb question: have you checked your jumpers?  There's one, usually either "clear CMOS" or "reset BIOS" or something along those lines that basically bypasses the battery.
Experience bij!

viper37

Quote from: DontSayBanana on December 17, 2015, 04:45:42 AM
Dumb question: have you checked your jumpers?  There's one, usually either "clear CMOS" or "reset BIOS" or something along those lines that basically bypasses the battery.
given he had this board for 3 years without a problem, that would surprise me.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Norgy

In the deepest dungeons of tech assistance forums, some dude had had the same issue with an ASUS Pro motherboard. It seems like it is a SLI thing.

Barrister

Quote from: Norgy on December 16, 2015, 04:43:32 PM
Because I can still use my socket 1150 Corsair cooler. Although that may seem redundant, considering how much money I spent.

This information is probably much too late, but Z170 motherboards / Socket 1151 CPUs are still compatible with socket 1150 coolers.  My Scythe Kotetsu (which had no documentation for socket 1151) fit just fine.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Norgy

Another reason I did not want to splooge for Skylake was an article that says the processors have a tendency to bend under pressure. While I am sure that this is a minority of them, the thermals of the Skylake ones for desktop do not fill me with over-confidence on their behalf either. I bought my 4770k early, and it gets hot. The 6770k reportedly runs a notch hotter.

I guess, if I wanted the ultimate gaming PC, I'd just go for the Intel -E platform of some kind, but I have faith in the 4790k lasting for a few years.

I've tried basically any solution suggested for the F1 error except sending the MB back to Asus. The lesson I learnt: Don't spend on a motherboard with features you're hardly going to use anyway.