Star Wars Discussion Thread contains spoilers (and may contain nuts)

Started by Josephus, December 15, 2015, 10:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Maybe she's vaders illegitimate kid. Emo boy finds out and tries to temp her her to the dark side. Mirroring the original trilogy even more. Dysney execs would love it.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Quote from: HVC on January 05, 2016, 10:25:59 AM
Maybe she's vaders illegitimate kid. Emo boy finds out and tries to temp her her to the dark side. Mirroring the original trilogy even more. Dysney execs would love it.

Disney is also about dead parents in many of their productions. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 04, 2016, 10:30:00 PM
I wonder how much of the star's energy gets depleted by the process of transporting a bolt of pure energy instantaneously through hyperspace.  :P
there.  that's the reason why they need an entire star's energy to destroy a few planets :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Berkut

Vader did "torture" Leia in the Death Star...ok, incest is probably not ok with Disney...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

lustindarkness

Quote from: Berkut on January 05, 2016, 10:16:09 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on January 05, 2016, 10:12:57 AM
I read that theory over a week ago, now I had not even thought about the possibility of a double whammy, "the possibility that Rey could be Obi-Wan's granddaughter and Luke's daughter". Now that would be awesome.

Maybe she is the daughter of Luke AND Kenobi! They spent a lot of time together on the Falcon, and the ways of the Force are mysterious...

:hmm:

Quote from: Berkut on January 05, 2016, 10:28:45 AM
Vader did "torture" Leia in the Death Star...ok, incest is probably not ok with Disney...
:hmm:

Whatever you do, do not search for either of these theories from work, something tells me these ideas have been floated around already for years. :lol:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Syt

Quote from: Berkut on January 05, 2016, 10:28:45 AM

You have to watch the XXX parody for that (though it's "just" a blowjob). It does have a threesome with Luke/Han/Leia, though.

The parody had some funny bits of dialogue and decent production values, but was overall not that great.

Ben: Your father was the best pilot in the galaxy. And he was a good friend.
Luke: My Uncle says he was a psychotic whiner.
Ben: ... and he was a good friend.
Luke: How did my father die?
Ben: A young Jedi named Darth Vader who was a pupil of mine until I cut his arms and legs off and left him burning in a river of lava ...
Luke: I-I think I want to go home now.

The prequels never got the "good friend" part across, though. Anakin goes from sweet young child in Ep. I to whiny bitch in Ep. 2 who constantly gives Obi-Wan lip. Ep. 3 is slightly better, but "BFF" is not a vibe I got. Which is a shame, because that was one of the main points the prequels needed to establish to raise the stakes for the final confrontation and the "reunion" in Ep. IV.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sophie Scholl

I guess you would have to rely on the Clone Wars cartoon series for that development in the friendship of Anakin and Obi Wan.  Chalk it up to another failure of the prequels.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jaron

If Obi Wan had a kid with that Mandalorian chick, she'd have to be like 50 by now.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

HVC

Quote from: Jaron on January 06, 2016, 12:26:58 AM
If Obi Wan had a kid with that Mandalorian chick, she'd have to be like 50 by now.
carbonite. The nostalgia circle is complete :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

I received the Visual Dictionary for Ep. VII yesterday. It has some good news for KotOR fans. It has a map that lists the usual systems - Tatooine, Coruscant, Yavin, Mandalore, Naboo, Korriban Moraband <_< , etc. (And the Resistance base and Starkiller base are on literally opposite ends of the galaxy, which makes me wonder just how fucking fast traveling through hyperspace is.)

It also includes Rakata Prime. Pablo Hidalgo, who wrote the book, has confirmed its canon status. The book also explains that Kylo Ren's lightsaber is an ancient dating back thousands of years to the Great Scourge of Malachor. The Clone Wars show of course included some Old Republic material (e.g. the planets Ilum and Onderon, for example). And the book Aftermath had a short scene taking place on Taris (it didn't speak of its history, and it seems to be a crappy slum planet now; at least from what's seen in the book).

I'm guessing it's mostly fan service, though.

:nerd:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

Really enjoyed the movie. Just the right amount of fan service and new stuff - positively surprised with the parts featuring the "oldies".

Martinus

Also, gotta say that I didn't have the same problem as some people here with "unrealistic" plot developments.

Ray kicking Kylo Ren's ass actually made sense to me - not in the "beginner's luck" sense, but because he sucks. As a Sith lord he is well above everyone around him but he is not someone who is constantly training or getting better - he is mainly brooding, trashing equipment and commanding other people to do stuff. He didn't have any peer competition for so long, he got rusty. Meanwhile, Ray is a survivor from a bad neighbourhood - of course she was going to kick his ass.

Now, I can easily imagine him becoming a badass by the second movie - he is going obsess about this failure so much.

viper37

Quote from: Jaron on January 06, 2016, 12:26:58 AM
She was trapped in a space time continuum for many years...  Oops, wrong show ;)

she could have had a kid herself with someone else, including Luke.
Unless ObiWan fathered a child while in exile on Tatooine, shortly before leaving with Luke, she can't be Obi Wan's kid for sure.

Grey Fox

No one (maybe?) is thinking she is Ben's kid, grand daughter at best.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.