Accepting suggestions for a quick Xmas trip. It's decided, Wien!

Started by Pedrito, December 10, 2015, 03:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Pedrito

Syt, I'm so sorry for you, but we've chosen to come to Wien...  ;) :P

I'm looking at two apartments:
one is a serviced apartment located near the Belvedere Gardens, near the Rennweg;
the other, much cozier and nicer, is around Gumpendorferstrasse, in Mariahilfe district:
which area is best for tourist purposes?
Consider we'll travel by car, but I think once there we'll leave the car parked and we'll be using public transport (except maybe for the visit to Schonbrunn).
We'll be in Vienna four full days, give or take one more morning or afternoon.
Mandatory visits will be: Schonbrunn, St. Stephen's church, Naturhistorisches and Kunsthistorisches museums, and the Belvedere museum.
Every suggestion is welcome, obviously.

Mandatory will be a couple of beers together, too, if you will not be escaped to Berlin or Barcelona  :D :cheers:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Syt

:lol:

Either place is fine; the one in Mariahilf is close to the Marihalifer Straße (main shopping street), and will probably have easy access to both U3 and U4 lines.

When are you guys coming?

Also, do you have back room access?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Pedrito

Quote from: Syt on December 13, 2015, 08:57:24 AM
:lol:

Either place is fine; the one in Mariahilf is close to the Marihalifer Straße (main shopping street), and will probably have easy access to both U3 and U4 lines.

When are you guys coming?

Also, do you have back room access?
Tentative dates will be from Jan 1 to Jan 6, to be confirmed following availability of the apartments - I'm leaning towards the Mariahilf one, it's way nicer.

Yes, I have BR access.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Syt

Ok, just wanted to confirm whether or not your and someone else's visit would be at the same time which would have prompted a mini Languish meet. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

alfred russel

I am arriving in Vienna on Tuesday, and leaving on Sunday.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

lustindarkness

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 12, 2015, 10:20:14 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on December 11, 2015, 12:59:59 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on December 10, 2015, 05:06:17 PM
You can visit Alabama.

Not even worth a response. :(

ROLL TIDE. At least your team got into the playoff.

War Fuck Damn You Eagle.

:lol: Oh well, at least Navy has kept its streak against Army.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive