Wendelstein 7-X 'Stellarator' Successfully Creates Helium Plasma, Paves Way For

Started by 11B4V, December 12, 2015, 06:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

http://www.hngn.com/articles/159716/20151212/wendelstein-7-x-stellarator-successfully-creates-helium-plasma-paves-way.htm

Scientists have successfully switched on the world's largest 'Stellarator' fusion reactor.
Dubbed Wendelstein 7-X (W7-X), the reactor is designed to contain super-hot plasma for more than 30 minutes at a time.
This week, the reactor produced a special super-hot gas for a tenth of a second.
Scientists hope that, if it can work for longer, it could eventually lead to limitless supplies of clean and cheap energy.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3356624/Stellarator-SUCCESS-Strange-twisted-design-finally-make-fusion-power-reality-switched-time.html#ixzz3u9Ymosna
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Malthus

The Languish fusion power megathread is always twenty years in the future.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus