Drakken vs. Tamas - DC3: Barbarossa PBEM (Axis thread)

Started by Drakken, December 11, 2015, 01:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

The 1st Romanian Armored Division was almost entirely equipped with surplus Czech 38s and none of the their AT guns could penetrate the armor of their Russian equivalents. I was amazed they ever did anything at all.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

How bout an overshot of the entire front. What date in the game are you at?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Drakken

Quote from: Valmy on December 17, 2015, 12:21:03 AM
The 1st Romanian Armored Division was almost entirely equipped with surplus Czech 38s and none of the their AT guns could penetrate the armor of their Russian equivalents. I was amazed they ever did anything at all.

Hence why I used to push on the Cavalry Division. :P

1st Armored Division isn't fully tanks, it has also Infantry TO&E and the Soviets facing me are soft targets. I wouldn't use it to blitz through too far from the German 11th Army, though.

Drakken

Quote from: 11B4V on December 17, 2015, 02:19:35 AM
How bout an overshot of the entire front. What date in the game are you at?

I just finished June 30th, 1941.

Each turn represents 4 days; Turn 1 is a pre-turn where the player is only allowed to choose strategic goals and play randomly triggered Decisions.

Drakken

No turn for you guys tonight, I have an appointment later tonight and I must get up very early tomorrow.

In the meantime, I promised an overshot of the entire front so far on T5, D+12 (July 3rd, 1941).

11B4V

Bounced it off Glantz's book. Darn close AG North and Center. AG South a little behind historically. But the exciting thing is AG North and Center are pulling ahead of AG South. The historical puzzle is forming. Excellent.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Drakken

Except that AGC and AGS are running at < 1 quota of fuel right now. My lines are overextended.

11B4V

Quote from: Drakken on December 17, 2015, 09:41:49 PM
Except that AGC and AGS are running at < 1 quota of fuel right now. My lines are overextended.

:XD:

I'm getting the game this weekend.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Drakken on December 17, 2015, 09:41:49 PM

Wasn't that always the case for the whermact during this campaign?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 17, 2015, 11:27:21 PM
Wasn't that always the case for the whermact during this campaign?

Let's say the Panzers didn't dawdle waiting for the FSBs to move forward. I rely on air transports to keep me supplied on the Center and the South. Right now, just AGS has 1120 bbls of fuel for the next 4 days. Let's say I won't race to Kiev just with that. :bleeding:

In very short order I'll have to relocate my FSB to Lvov and Grodno, forcing me to take a pause to refit. But not before I finish off the the soviets in front of Minsk and grab Tarnopol in the South.

Drakken

Drakken

Before I go to bed, here is the logistics report for AGS on the eve of Turn 5.

By the end of Turn 4 1st PzrGruppe's had used all its fuel supply.  :pinch:

I must find a way, any way, to increase the ratio of fuel going to AGS. I cannot afford to change 1st PzrGruppe's posture from Blitzkrieg to Offensive as of now.

Most of my fuel is hogged by AGN, which runs at 2+ quotas of fuel. To use this to our advantage, after the Minsk pocket is sealed and liquidated I plan a right hook straight into Comrade Tamas' teeth: Hitler's positive relation with me allows me to reassign PanzerGruppes, in this case 3rd PnzGruppe reassigned from AGC to AGN. I bet it's the last thing Tamas will expect.

Alcibiades

How long does it take you, on average, to finish a turn?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Drakken

Quote from: Alcibiades on December 18, 2015, 01:10:26 AM
How long does it take you, on average, to finish a turn?

Without redacting an AAR, about 30 minutes to an hour.