News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

XCOM 2 is out, OK, THIS TIME FOR REAL

Started by Pedrito, December 10, 2015, 03:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

RPS has posted a glowing review of it: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/12/10/xcom-2-preview/

Considering how many hours I've spent on the first chapter and on Enemy Within, I'll surely get this one too.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Pedrito

Well, wtf, the game will be released in february, 2016.  <_<

Sorry for the misplaced hype.  :blush:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Iormlund

katmai

Damn dirty Italian, getting my hopes up.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Yeah, I was like "WTF, already??"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

Quote from: katmai on December 10, 2015, 04:18:48 PM
Damn dirty Italian, getting my hopes up.

I mean, he gave me good suggestions for Paris?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

The customization options look very good for the vanilla game and the mod support is impressive. Looking really darn good.

https://youtu.be/NOPsOjkT7x4

Looking forward to manning my entire XCOM squad with East German female badasses. LOS LOS LOS

FunkMonk

Game comes out Friday. The reviews are overwhelmingly positive and totalbiscuit seems to love it. Basically saying its going to be the best game of the year - and it just started  :lol:

https://youtu.be/W1dLGihV0No?t=43m10s (minor gameplay spoilers, showing enemies and unit abilities)

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

Yep, I did too. I've watched too many pre-release game streams not to.  :blush:

Tamas

Duque de Bragança

About to pre-purchase it though it is unclear if the pre-order bonus (Day One edition) applies to all stores selling Steam keys or even the boxed release on amazon or fnac.

Syt

Reviews looking pretty good. It seems it's focusing on its core strengths, i.e. engaging combat, while pushing the weaker parts (base building) more to the background.

I'm not sure I will buy on release, though. I still have other stuff to get through first.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

That's a shame, I'd have liked to see the base building and grand strategy stuff improved.
██████
██████
██████