Gaming controllers for adults: do they exist?

Started by viper37, December 09, 2015, 10:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Thats weird. These days xbox controllers usually sync up with your computer perfectly and automatically.

What do you mean it doesn't recognise it unless its plugged in? It has wireless/wired modes?
Could be something with the controller needing to be active and transmitting when you start the game? What if you unplug after starting up the game?
██████
██████
██████

DontSayBanana

Quote from: viper37 on July 08, 2020, 10:12:05 PM
Got an Xbox One Cyberpunk controller.  It's smallish on the side and looks fragile, but it'll do.

However, I can't get it to work with Steam.
I want to play Jedi Fallen Order, but Steam refuses to recognize the controller unless it is plugged it.  Windows 10 is paired with the controller. But Steam won't do anything about it.

I tried all the settings I could fine in Steam, on the client machine as well as the host, I manually started the Xbox services, still a no go.

Anyone has an idea?

Viper, XBO controllers use a custom Bluetooth stack for wireless- even though they'll pair with the computer, they won't communicate without a wireless adapter: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/adapters/wireless-adapter-windows.

Wired, they're just regular XInput controllers.
Experience bij!

viper37

I solved my problem.  It seems that after you do a (wired) firmware update, you need to disconnect the bluetooth device from Windows and reconnect it.  I should have thought of it before, but I struggled many hours trying to get it to work.

@DSB: not anymore.  It looks exactly the same, save for a small micro-usb port on the back, but it's a newer version of the controller that does not require a specific wireless adapter.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.