News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Whither Trump?

Started by Jacob, December 07, 2015, 07:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Come the 2016 Presidential Elections in the US, where will Trump be?

Presidential Candidate for the Republican Party
18 (40.9%)
Presidential Candidate in an Independent/ Third Party run?
9 (20.5%)
Not a presidential candidate at all.
16 (36.4%)
Some other scenario...
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on December 18, 2015, 12:58:10 PM
According to the Atlantic, Putin was the 10th most admired man in the US in 2014: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/12/vladimir-putin-the-10th-most-admired-man-in-america/384085/

OK, that's 1% of the American public I haven't had much contact with.

Josquius

I guess there's always the whole "Western leaders hate them ergo they're good" crowd.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2015, 01:04:21 PM
According to the Atlantic, Putin was the 10th most admired man in the US in 2014: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/12/vladimir-putin-the-10th-most-admired-man-in-america/384085/

It's Russian immigrants who know the FSB is monitoring their votes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

:rolleyes: They do no such thing.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2015, 01:04:21 PM

Me neither :)

But yeah, it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on December 18, 2015, 01:08:29 PM
I guess there's always the whole "Western leaders hate them ergo they're good" crowd.

American peaceniks can say and do some stupid shit, but they're not in the same league as Brit peaceniks.

Razgovory

I remember Putin arm wrestled Dana Rohrbacker and won the respect of the Congressmen.  I think he attract support from anyone dissatisfied with the West be it Hard Left or Hard Right.  There are also some who buy into his macho image.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on December 18, 2015, 03:04:04 PM
I remember Putin arm wrestled Dana Rohrbacker and won the respect of the Congressmen.  I think he attract support from anyone dissatisfied with the West be it Hard Left or Hard Right.  There are also some who buy into his macho image.

Yes, you and Jacob's comments make a lot of sense.

I can imagine a bunch of the occupy crowd I used to know, lapping this up.

It's also a good move on Putin's part, a Trump 'administration'/shambles would be easier to influence and deal with.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on December 18, 2015, 12:29:06 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 18, 2015, 09:01:26 AM
I wonder how that will play with supporters.

I wonder if Trump will be able to get a sense of Putin's soul?

... but I think it'll play well with Trump's supporters. There are plenty of people outside of Russia who appreciates Putin's style and wish their own leaders were more like him.
I disagree. I don't think Russia is viewed favorably by most Americans let alone trump supporters.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Two new polls out. PPP has Donald at 34 and Cruz at18. Fox has Trump at 39 and Cruz at 18. I believe that's the highest those two have been in both those polls.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Never knew GOP want Hillary to be prez so bad
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

With trump not condemning reporter killing, he has jumped into my top 3.

I hate the press.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Trump's up 8 points in the PPP poll since it was last issued a month ago.

Trump's up 11 points in the Fox poll in the last month.

Up 6 in the ABC poll over the last month. Up 13 in CBS/NYT poll. Up 13 in the Monmouth poll. Up 9 in the CNN/ORC. Up 4 in the NBC/WSJ poll.

All the signs point to hyuge momentum as the Donald would say.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point