News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Also, this is the kind of stuff my oldest sister likes to repost. :bleeding:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Richard Hakluyt

I think it is fair to say that Syt is the brains of that family  :lol:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quoted. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it
right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to
"the poor" and they only want more.

What was the expectation here? The poverty level has been roughly half what it was in 1964 consistently ever since this initiative was started? :hmm: Were we supposed to make the poverty rate zero? For people with little faith in the government they sure do have unrealistic expectations on what can be accomplished.

I especially like going after the USPS, which is run as a veterans pension scheme really, while at the same time attacking the government for not doing more for Veterans. FIRE ALL THOSE VETERANS...but do more for them. And they wonder why government policy is so confused :P

Anyway what is this article claiming? That Wal-Mart should be providing health care? Though if somebody wants to deliver packages cheaper than USPS that would be great. FedEx and UPS are such rip offs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

QuoteIf you think the Cologne incidence is a refugee issue, think again. Yes, they were probably Arabic/Muslim originated and yes, I wouldn't mind for them to be banished from Germany but I also would want all the other thousands of blond, blue eyed Christian men to be banished, who daily rape and attack women in Germany and who no-one hardly ever speaks about.

It's been a while. :)

mongers

I feel the rest of us should be pulling our weight in this thread, as Syt's relatives seem to be single handedly keeping it afloat.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Germans are in great shape today, specially helped by British tabloids:

QuoteReturn of the Luftwaffe: Germany sends 'Iron Cross' Tornado jets to defeat ISIS

QuoteGERMANY has sent two 'Iron Cross' Tornado jets to help in the war against Islamic State, in one of the country's most significant military deployments since the end of the Second World War.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/625761/German-jets-defeat-Islamic-State-Luftwaffe-Tornado-jets?_ga=1.172365796.613692065.1449673374

QuoteThis is against the constitution of Germany who shall never participate in any kind of war.We'll have situations similar to France any time given and then I can't even go over any longer for a visit.

Germany = Switzerland or Japan?  :hmm: :P

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on January 07, 2016, 05:08:40 AM

Who is this that is confiscating all the guns that is leading to this constant stream of memes?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on January 07, 2016, 05:08:40 AM

I guess the author didn't notice that Clint plays a criminal in that movie.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Duque de Bragança

QuoteFacts. (For those of you who are interested.)
Algerian? Moroccan? Iraqi? Oh even American. Yeah thanks France, Britain, and USA for your imperialism, now Germany has to carry the can.

Context:  Köln New Year's Eve attacks and figures reported in the German press.

No mention that 18 of the 29 foreign perpetrators (out of 31) were asylum seekers.  :hmm: No clue about any "second generation" status or not for the remaining two.

QuoteNach Angaben des Bundesinnenministerium hat die Bundespolizei bislang 31 namentlich bekannte Tatverdächtige festgestellt, davon hätten 29 eine ausländische und zwei die deutsche Staatsbürgerschaft. Wie ein Sprecher des Ministeriums am Freitag in Berlin mitteilte, wurden neben den beiden Deutschen neun algerische, acht marokkanische, vier syrische, fünf iranische, ein irakischer, ein serbischer und ein US-amerikanischer Tatverdächtiger ermittelt. 18 der 29 Ausländer hätten den Status als Asylbewerber. Die gegen sie erhobenen Vorwürfe beziehen sich überwiegend auf Diebstahls- und Körperverletzungsdelikte. Sexualdelikte seien bisher nicht mit den Asylbewerbern in Verbindung gebracht worden, sagte der Ministeriumssprecher.

from http://taz.de/Polizeibericht-zu-Uebergriffen-in-Koeln/!5263344/

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".