Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Liep

I saw that posted on Twitter, I like it. Ukrainians know good drama.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Norgy

If mum found Facebook, it'd be a mess. I've only recently managed to teach her how to open an email and use public TV streaming.

And I have myself to blame, as I was the one who gave her a pad for Christmas.

How she managed to turn the language settings to Swedish and download a shit ton of apps in Swedish, is beyond me.

Ed Anger

Norwegian, Swedish.... What is the difference?

Bork bork bork.

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on December 16, 2015, 08:39:13 AM
How she managed to turn the language settings to Swedish and download a shit ton of apps in Swedish, is beyond me.

:lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

My mum - Where even Apple products seem hard to understand.

Ed Anger

I get tech support calls from my dad. So I have to drive 20 minutes one way every time something fucks up to fix it.

Facebook not working? House call.
Ask.com toolbar showing up? House call.
Internet acting weird? House call.
Blue screen of death? House call.

The record is 4 trips in one day.

Valmy

My parents got their first computer in the 70s. My Dad is really good with them but somehow my mom, despite using computers constantly for over 40 years, is still shockingly incompetent.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

My Mom refuses to operate computers. She will program her VCR, will learn how to run her cable box and microwave, can handle a power drill, and can do electrode welding. But computers? Too complicated!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.