Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

It's funny when right wing Americans attack the nhs and its shitty waiting times... When the entire reason its such a mess is governments with their ideology steadily defunding it to a bare minimum.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on November 04, 2021, 12:58:37 PM
It's funny when right wing Americans attack the nhs and its shitty waiting times... When the entire reason its such a mess is governments with their ideology steadily defunding it to a bare minimum.

There was a funny video that popped up on my twitters showing how horrified Brits were when told how expensive medical care was in the US.

Josquius

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2021, 02:06:31 PM
Quote from: Tyr on November 04, 2021, 12:58:37 PM

There was a funny video that popped up on my twitters showing how horrified Brits were when told how expensive medical care was in the US.
You see this sort of thing around a lot.
Funnier would be showing horrified Brits finding out about French (or some other country) medical costs.
The entire concept of paying to see a doctor is just fundamentally alien. It was a big culture shock when I got ill in Japan.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

So why did the Dems win in New Jersey?  :hmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Razgovory

The China stuff always makes me smirk.  Trump openly asked for Chinese help in the election, he still praises President Xi, his daughter received half a billion in Chinese copywrite, he pays Chinese taxes for reasons he has worked very hard to hide, and he has expressed his desire to protect Chinese jobs.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

I know its pointless to ask, but how has Biden supposedly made fuel more expensive which Trump would have not done?

PDH

Quote from: Tamas on November 05, 2021, 12:57:31 PM
I know its pointless to ask, but how has Biden supposedly made fuel more expensive which Trump would have not done?

JFK, jr and the Rolling Stones know.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Minsky Moment

Late at night, when everyone is asleep, he flies around the country in Air Force One and resets all the gas stations with higher prices.  He's that kind of SOB,
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

QuoteFast food worker Billy wants $15 per hour to flip your burger...
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
while nurses aid Dominque makes less than $10 per hour to toilet, wipe, bathe, dress, and feed your grandma.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Server Tina can make $20-30 an hour with good tips to bring you drinks and baskets of bread...
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
while nurse Andre makes less than $25 an hour to literally save your loved one's life.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Entrepreneur Bethany works 60+ hours a week chasing her dream.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Nurse's aid Connor works 60+ hours a week because they are short-staffed.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Business employee Tyrone feels stressed because an upcoming deadline has a promotion on the line.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Nurse Lee feels stressed because unsafe nurse to patient ratios put people's lives on the line.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
See a problem here?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
If we want people to stay in healthcare and provide high quality care, we have to make their careers sustainable physically, mentally, and financially.
To all healthcare workers out there being overworked, underpaid, and under appreciated, THANK YOU for doing what you do. The world needs you.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

I asked my mom this, she says he shut down a pipeline.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

QuoteFast food worker Billy wants $15 per hour to flip your burger...
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
while nurses aid Dominque makes less than $10 per hour to toilet, wipe, bathe, dress, and feed your grandma.

Wait, what does Dominque want?  Are we to infer that Dominque doesn't want anything?  If so, I don't know what the problem is.  Billy is ambitious and wants to make more money.  I thought that was a positive trait.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould