News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Ivermectin is a poison used to deworm animals and, in some cases, humans.  Any doctor who wrote a prescription for human use except in the small doses designed to clear out intestinal worms is a fraud.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on September 17, 2021, 07:14:58 AM
Can you fight TOWNHALL?

TOWNHALL is the miniboss you have to defeat in order to fight CITYHALL.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: grumbler on September 17, 2021, 06:58:06 AM
Ivermectin is a poison used to deworm animals and, in some cases, humans.  Any doctor who wrote a prescription for human use except in the small doses designed to clear out intestinal worms is a fraud.
You must be a sheep then.  Why are you afraid of the truth?
PDH!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Berkut

The entire "life is not easy" thing is just so fascinating and grotesque.

It is just straight out an excuse for ignoring privilege and those who do not have equal opportunity.

"Life is not easy" so everything I have I earned, and your poverty is what YOU earned.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Considering this was posted by my oldest sister who is firmly on the poverty side of things ... it's a bit ironic.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Life isn't easy, so we should try to ease each other's burdens.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 17, 2021, 10:33:03 AM
Life isn't easy, so we should try to ease each other's burdens.

Sounds a lot like communism.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: grumbler on September 17, 2021, 07:31:20 AM
Quote from: The Brain on September 17, 2021, 07:14:58 AM
Can you fight TOWNHALL?

TOWNHALL is the miniboss you have to defeat in order to fight CITYHALL.

Stop trying to trick us. Everyone knows you can't fight CITYHALL.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on September 17, 2021, 10:11:50 AM
Considering this was posted by my oldest sister who is firmly on the poverty side of things ... it's a bit ironic.

The first line is more concerning.  The fact that it was written and distributed suggests there is a significant level of acceptance of that proposition.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson