Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I actually read that at first as 'police don't need more training, the parents of police should have taught them how to behave long before they became police officers'.

:hmm:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on June 02, 2021, 01:41:30 PM

That's right, Donnie.  The reason you keep having problems with law enforcement is not because of "dirty cops".  Your Klansmen of a father didn't raise you right.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Do you sometimes feel really embarrassed about what your family says or posts?

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on June 08, 2021, 01:28:36 AM
No, I feel disgusted.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on June 08, 2021, 01:28:36 AM

Yes.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

I thought if we got shot by the state it was our fault by not being obedient enough to police? So am I supposed to be obedient or not?

Also I am amazed Germany did as well as it did in World War II with only 6 million people...or wait are they claiming the 6 million Jews were just following along and being obedient to the Germans? Like it is their fault they got genocided for not fighting back enough?

So...wait...are we the Germans or the Jews in this meme? And who are we being obedient to? I am so confused.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Who ever wrote that really needs to go back to that school.  And while there you can ask a better question: How did Hitler get 80 million people to be ambivalent about the holocaust.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

The analogy is pretty clear to me:  Hitler got the Jews to obey because he lied and told them that they were just being resettled in Poland.  Trump gets his followers to obey by lying and telling them the election was stolen.

I think that the point is that we are supposed to recognize that Trump's victims deserve pity.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

A known brexity, trumpy nutter sharing this:

With their commentary that of course the conservatives are better than labour.

I decided to google up the quote to see if it was real and I find the full quote:

QuoteTo all questions and complaints his Majesty's Ministers have a single answer, 'Send us back to office for seven more years,' they cry, 'and we will shut out the foreign devils and the goods the foreign devils make.' What a programme for the 20th century! What an appeal to a civilized nation! What a new year's greeting to mankind! (Loud cheers.) I am proud of the part I took in opposing the Government, that a country which tries to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and endeavouring to lift himself up by the handle. (Loud laughter.)—Churchill, Town Hall, Malmesbury, 18 December 1904, Complete Speeches I: 398.*

....So basically.... it comes from when Churchill was a Liberal MP and he is attacking the Conservatives with policies not a million miles away from the direction that gains the right the support of idiots in current times....
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

There are two reasons why Churchill has great many quotable quotes:
1. He was a great writer
2. He was a politician and not afraid to change his views as his ambition required

Eddie Teach

Good thing our countries are already prosperous.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Berkut

The best part about that is the idea that the current crop of "Republicans" harkening back to the American Revolution. The same people who are today motivated by hating immigrants would have been fucking Tories, every single one of them.

And in the US Civil War? They would have been either the slavers, or the ones perfectly happy letting slavery exist because "that's the way it has always been! Make America Great Again!"
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Darth Wagtaros

The holocaust one is spot on. All the Party had to do was say that the election was stolen and their membership started repeating it verbatim.
PDH!