Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Next thing you know "they" will shut down the 1980s retro Eddie Murphy look.  And that will be the spark of rebellion.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

They will start charging for soda refills.

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on February 01, 2021, 07:27:50 AM

This one looks to be from the opposite side of the political spectrum to syts usual :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Which five states? The only time I recall a vote count being shutdown was the Florida recount in 2000 :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on February 01, 2021, 04:19:32 PM
Which five states? The only time I recall a vote count being shutdown was the Florida recount in 2000 :hmm:

Apathy, Idiocy, Denial, Confusion, and Hope.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 01, 2021, 04:26:56 PM
Trump needed 5 to flip.

Yeah but neither was the vote count stopped nor was it not going the Democrats way :P

Well maybe it was not going their way in Arizona. That got tight.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

"They" lost the presidential election and then control of the Senate, so "they" didn't get their way, thank Hod.

"They" didn't succeed in shutting down democracy, either, though that was closer, and it wasn't for lack of insurrection.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: PDH on February 01, 2021, 04:23:00 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 01, 2021, 04:19:32 PM

Apathy, Idiocy, Denial, Confusion, and Hope.

:lol:

crazy canuck

As usual I would like to know who this all powerful They is.  And ask them why They have done such a poor job controlling things.

Very similar to the questions I will ask God if it turns out God actually exists.

Grey Fox

The Cabal. It's an organization created & controlled by the Rockefellers in America and the Rothschild in Europe.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

I will say one good thing about Hitler and Co. They called a Jew a Jew.
Sure they had their own dog whistles, but by modern standards they were clear.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

I think most Jews would have preferred the dog whistles.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 01, 2021, 05:36:49 PM
As usual I would like to know who this all powerful They is.
you will know when They're coming for you!  :shutup:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.