News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Habbaku on August 26, 2020, 09:44:27 AM
Hundreds of thousands of children "go missing" in the USA every year. Fortunately, the vast majority of those are returned very quickly.

How many of those COVID deaths are getting back up?

Why do liberals only care about COVID deaths while nothing is being done about the rampant zombie problem?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

They have been saying they are hugely inflated since April. It is why there is little useful discussion going on in the United States now, nobody can even agree on the basic facts, which makes it hard to agree on any action.

And likewise I am not entirely convinced that child sex traffickers are running the US government.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Syt on August 26, 2020, 09:27:46 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 26, 2020, 09:26:20 AM
798 children went missing in just one day?

796 showed up within an hour of being reported missing? :P

I think the meme writers picked the wrong issue to which compare covid deaths; the children missing one is really stupid.

They should have gone with heart disease. It really does kill more people, and you could work angles like that it disproportionately kills men (so does covid, but whatever) that the media doesn't care about (maybe even that the media doesn't realize the huge cost of families without fathers!). The age of death is younger (I think, didn't check) and most are preventable, but we don't shut down the economy to save those lives (because heart disease can't be blamed on Trump before an election). Probably most agricultural companies lean republican, but maybe there is one that leans democrat that you can tie into some nefarious lobbying.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

The point of the meme is not that Covid is less dangerous than [insert topic here], but that thousands and thousands of children in the US disappear, to be sold into (sex) slavery.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on August 26, 2020, 10:50:32 AM
I think the meme writers picked the wrong issue to which compare covid deaths; the children missing one is really stupid.

It is a Qanon thing, they don't care about heart disease.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: alfred russel on August 26, 2020, 10:50:32 AM
They should have gone with heart disease. It really does kill more people, and you could work angles like that it disproportionately kills men (so does covid, but whatever) that the media doesn't care about (maybe even that the media doesn't realize the huge cost of families without fathers!). The age of death is younger (I think, didn't check) and most are preventable, but we don't shut down the economy to save those lives (because heart disease can't be blamed on Trump before an election). Probably most agricultural companies lean republican, but maybe there is one that leans democrat that you can tie into some nefarious lobbying.

If heart disease was contagious the same people would be calling to close stuff down, and for the same reason.

We don't shut down the economy to save people from heart disease because enforcing social distance doesn't do anything to stop heart disease, unless you practice distancing from beef jerky  Lefty types do express interest in heart disease - i.e. promoting healthy diet and greater access and utilization of health care. As Valmy indicates, that is not of interest to the average Qanoner
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

viper37

Quote from: Syt on August 26, 2020, 10:54:41 AM
The point of the meme is not that Covid is less dangerous than [insert topic here], but that thousands and thousands of children in the US disappear, to be sold into (sex) slavery.
that's some underground complex for a single pizzeria!  Maybe there's more than one?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

How do we solve the problem of moronic assholes making memes?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 27, 2020, 12:45:14 AM
How do we solve the problem of moronic assholes making memes?  :hmm:

COMPLY, CITIZEN

—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

I was thinking it is definitely progress that during this latest pandemic, the Jews are blamed through a very elaborate and obscure reimagination of age-old tropes, so much so that probably many people believing them don't actually make the direct connection to baby-eating Jews in their mind.

Compare that to pandemics of earlier centuries where they would just straight out pogrom Jews for it, and you can see clear progress.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

:rolleyes: Where do all these harvested organs go?  Over here, a kidney on the black market still costs you an arm and a leg.

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on August 27, 2020, 11:50:29 AM

That actually corresponds to reputable international statistics on trafficking of children, so it does not fit this thread I guess. We all should be mad about that.