And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on July 26, 2020, 02:51:25 AM
Quote from: Tyr on July 26, 2020, 02:25:52 AM
You'd think an Austrian would be capable of grasping that free doesn't mean free.

:unsure:

German. Woops.
Assuming it's your sister, coming from a country  with a decent social system she should be capable of grasping when people speak about "free education" et al, "but you have to pay taxes!! Its not free!!" is a dumb rebuttal.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

That doesn't sound anything like Ronald Reagan.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

I mean that sounds like a 21st century political meme. It isn't like Reagan never said any mean things about Democrats they could use.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2020, 12:07:52 PM
I mean that sounds like a 21st century political meme. It isn't like Reagan never said any mean things about Democrats they could use.

I would require actual research.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2020, 12:07:52 PM

Yeah, but "I didn't leave the Democratic Party - the Democratic Party left me" doesn't really match with the kind of fear-mongering they're going for...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

QuoteKarin M. Gadzo

I haven't had any problems using cash...yet. But, if YOU have had problems!

This is brilliant!!!

Okay Kroger/Walmart/ (insert cashless store here), your no change policy is going to cost you in the long run. I use cash for all my purchases. And I plan on continuing to do so. I don't need you to be a bank and hold my money on a card so you can draw interest on my money. And I sure am not going to donate to a charity of your choosing so you can then get a tax write off by using other people's money.

My solution is to pay with cash up to the change IE: the Bill is $23.35 I will give you $23.00 in cash and pay the remainder with a debit or credit card. The 35 cents owed you will now cost you a small fee and I will continue to have my change in my possession and not yours.

If everyone did this, I bet your business would find those coins quickly after only one day of service charges from your card processor.

Copied from another site

Good idea

Feel free to copy and paste or share.

It's a PLANNEDemic! :o

I put the images into Google search.
Top Left: Unable to find news story, but I find it in a right-wing Wordpress article from 2012, linked to "Muslim Riots in Australia". Police uniform looks Australian.
Bottom Left: West Australia cop beaten up in a pub brawl in Western Australia 2006.
Bottom Right: Officer David Rudd who broke up a fight on Christmas Day 2009 in Wyndham, Western Australia.
Top Right: officer attacked by a man in Brighton-Le-Sands, New South Wales, April 2019.

I'd correct this on my sister's timeline, but the response this got in the past is, "Well, but they're still attacking/hurting/killing innocent police officers." It's about the content of the message, not of the facts behind the images.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

The most soul-destroying part about these Covid conspiracy theories is that a lot of them are probably cooked up in Russia.  The degree of sociopathy required to sabotage pandemic response for the purposes of geopolitical shit-stirring is beyond my comprehension.

The Brain

Saying that Confederate soldiers died to free black slaves might be considered misleading.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Cash fanatics are a weird breed. Why the hell would you want to use cash? It's inconvenient af.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

QuoteThis is EXACTLY what is happening.

Eddie Teach

That jives well with Trump's reelection slogan, "Keep America Great."
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?