Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

That deputy sheriff badge looks like a kid's toy.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on July 02, 2020, 11:12:12 AM
The sharing of Three Percenters stuff is a bit troubling, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Percenters

Then again, if it's good enough for police officers, then it's probably fine. :)

Is he a cosplayer or is he actually in some form of law enforcement?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Well, his badge says deputy sheriff of Orange county, so I'm guessing that he's legit.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Admiral Yi

OC is a rich county.  Why are they handing out plastic badges?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2020, 11:31:57 AM
Damnit how many weird libertarian militias are out there?

Turns out libertarians aren't so good creating a single tightly centralized organization.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 02, 2020, 03:48:17 PM

They don't need no stinkin metal badges.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

Quote from: merithyn on July 01, 2020, 03:01:08 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 01, 2020, 02:41:36 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 01, 2020, 02:33:59 PM
It's the foundation of Trump support.  He inflicts harm on those that conservatives were told to hate.

Only he doesn't really do much to harm me directly (or anybody...well I guess except non-citizens), except to the extent he turned the entire country into a shameful disfunctional wreck which harms everybody not just people conservatives don't like.

You're his target audience as a cis, het white guy. He's not trying to harm you. Women wanting medical help, immigrants wanting human rights, and black people wanting dignity,  however.... they are being directly harmed by Trump.
I like you a lot Meri, but I totally disagree with comments like this.
This is unfortunately a problem with modern day leftist activists.  You can not recognize that white men have their own problems too, just because they're not the same as those women or minorities may experience.

And as long as you all think like that, the likes of Trump will be elected to various positions of power. 

Or you'll get someone like Justin Trudeau who pretends to care while parading in front of the camera but is simply making sure your children and your children's children will be poorer than you are just so he can get elected and admired by those same people who will suffer the most.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on July 01, 2020, 03:45:08 PM
Well I guess that is true. Just break shit hoping it will hurt the unfavored people more.

A very dark and nihilistic way to look at things.
It is hard to deny this is what they thought of the current pandemic.  It would disproportionally hurt black&hispanics with less than stellar access to healthcare.  Or poor whites from the cities who vote Democrat.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Maximus

Looks like a fabric badge with velcro backing.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Time to teach kids about freedom by taking away their freedom :lol:

Scumbags in the UK always moan about bringing back national service too, despite them mostly having avoided it.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Maximus on July 03, 2020, 04:37:05 PM
Looks like a fabric badge with velcro backing.

Now that you mention it, it does.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

I guess involuntary service is a good way to better appreciate freedom. Not sure it would help them love this country though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."