News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Oexmelin on June 23, 2020, 07:32:49 PM
Then he'd better be wearing a mask when he takes public transportation.

^_^
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Admiral Yi

Did Trump really forego his salary?

Not sure mastery of English is the right choice of battlefields.

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 26, 2020, 03:12:19 PM

He makes a big deal that he donates his annual salary every year.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PRC

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on June 26, 2020, 03:22:49 PM
He makes a big deal that he donates his annual salary every year.

Do you know if it's to a real or bullshit charity?

Tonitrus

The Brain

Trump's message that you should only be in politics if you are independently wealthy is a horrible message.

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 26, 2020, 03:12:19 PM

How can you tell which one is which?

Josquius

]

It's a common issue amongst the ignorant that they can't think beyond salaries in terms of wealth. They have real trouble grasping that the truly rich don't make their money the same way they do, only more.
Trump nicely exploits this by donating the salary which doesn't amount for all that much to him.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on June 26, 2020, 04:34:37 PM
]

It's a common issue amongst the ignorant that they can't think beyond salaries in terms of wealth. They have real trouble grasping that the truly rich don't make their money the same way they do, only more.
Trump nicely exploits this by donating the salary which doesn't amount for all that much to him.
yep, his family fortune has increased a lot in the last 4 years.  Net value seems to have decreased a bit, because he over-evaluated some assets.  But he actually made money while being President.
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-family-members-have-gotten-much-richer-president-moved-white-house-975993
https://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewithorn/2019/08/14/no-trump-is-not-losing-3-to-5-billion-from-presidency/#6d24f5464a2d
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

2 of those states, Missouri and Kentucky, were on the other side.

Flag seems shitty.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."