Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 17, 2020, 05:27:21 PM
Quote from: DGuller on June 17, 2020, 05:25:14 PM
There is such a thing as a cross-race effect: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-race_effect.

Which explains why those of us who do not live in white ghettos don't have difficulty.

"as a person gains more experience with those of a particular race, he or she will begin to use more holistic processing."
I live in a white ghetto and I don't have this problem.

Besides, it's not the 1940s anymore, we do have high definition color-tv ;)  We are exposed to a large number of media personalities.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 16, 2020, 01:29:23 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2020, 01:27:54 PM
Quote from: Tyr on June 16, 2020, 01:27:10 PM
A conspiracy book from 1989 is significant because..? :unsure:

It predicted something that probably many people could have predicted in 1989.

Gay marriage - slippery slope to the government owning all the means of production  :D
Well, I do remember back when it was legalized here, the Quebec civil unions, religious groups claimed all (legal) barriers stopping bestiality and pedophilia were now removed.

What is it with the ultra religious and their conspiracy theories?

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 19, 2020, 12:55:09 AM
So many cities that are now under Canadian Tire's direct control.
First, we came for Burger King and you said nothing.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on June 19, 2020, 05:01:38 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 16, 2020, 01:29:23 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2020, 01:27:54 PM
Quote from: Tyr on June 16, 2020, 01:27:10 PM
A conspiracy book from 1989 is significant because..? :unsure:

It predicted something that probably many people could have predicted in 1989.

Gay marriage - slippery slope to the government owning all the means of production  :D
Well, I do remember back when it was legalized here, the Quebec civil unions, religious groups claimed all (legal) barriers stopping bestiality and pedophilia were now removed.

What is it with the ultra religious and their conspiracy theories?

Not just the ultra-right. Last Friday, Arte TV French Journal (very socially progressive at least in posing) claimed that what they described as a "ban of gender theory teaching" was a victory for the ™Catholic™ lobby in, guess where, Romania!  :lmfao: Yes, an Orthodox majority country.

https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/091304-123-A/arte-journal/ around '9"45
It does not stay for long, 24h so ending today, so they can get away with it.

If you want bi-partisan conspiracy theories, just have a look at anti-vaccination people. In France, it was pushed by the n°2 of the very lefty Greens.

viper37

ah yeah, anti-vax is both extremes are against it.  That is so mind boggling to see antifas and KKK types marching together :P

The video wasn't available anymore.  24hr is kinda quick to take it down.

Syt

QuoteSheriff Ralph Kersey
  · Shared with Public

Sheriff D. Clarke says it best!

It's not the police who need to be retrained, it's the public. We have grown into a mouthy, mobile phone wielding, vulgar, uncivil society with no personal responsibility and the attitude of 'it's the other person's fault', 'you owe me'. A society where children grow up with no boundaries or knowledge or concern for civil society and personal responsibility.

When an officer says "Put your hands up," then put your hands up! Don't reach for something in your pocket, your lap, your seat. There's plenty of reason for a police officer to feel threatened, there have been multiple assaults and ambushes on police officers lately. Comply with requests from the officer, have your day in court. Don't mouth off, or fight, or refuse to comply... that escalates the situation.

Police officers are our sons and daughters, fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters. They're black, white, brown, all colours, all ethnicities, all faiths, male and female, they are us. They see the worst side of humanity... the raped children, the bloody mangled bodies of traffic victims, the bruised and battered victims of domestic violence, homicide victims, body parts... day after day.

They work holidays while we have festive meals with our families. They miss school events with their kids, birthdays, anniversaries, all those special occasions that we take for granted. They work in all types of weather, under dangerous conditions, for relatively low pay.

They have extensive training, but they are human. When there are numerous attacks on them, they become hyper vigilant for a reason, they have become targets. When a police officer encounters any person... any person, whether at a traffic stop, a street confrontation, an arrest, whatever... that situation has the potential to become life threatening. You, Mr & Mrs/Miss Civilian, also have the responsibility of keeping the situation from getting out of control.

Many law enforcement officers are Veterans. They've been in service to this nation most of their lives, whether on the battlefield or protecting us here at home. They are the only thing that stands between us and anarchy in the streets.

If you want to protect your child, teach them respect.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Extensive training? Relatively low pay? If he ever hears about Sweden he'll have an an... ane... he'll freak out.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Important message from Woodstock police:

Quote***Unsafe load leads to charge of Careless Driving***

Woodstock, ON - On Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at approximately 1:30 pm., the Woodstock Police uniform patrol and the Traffic unit responded to the area of Dundas Street, W., in the area of the 11th Line after receiving calls in relation to a vehicle pulling a hot tub down the road.

Police responded to the area and located a Porsche pulling a hot tub with a homemade cart. The 54-year-old male driver was charged with Careless Driving.

Police want to remind drivers of their responsibility to ensure that any load they are towing is done safely. Constable D'Annibale of the Woodstock Police Traffic unit states, "All drivers on the roads should have a safe environment when travelling. Towing items such as trailers with larger items have the potential to cause a dangerous situation for everyone using the roadway". The Highway Traffic Act and the Ministry of Transportation provide specifications and requirements when carrying a load safely. "Had this hot tub became unattached from the homemade trailer that it was being towed on, would have caused serious damage and injury to anyone in its path".

Before towing a trailer, the driver must:
· Ensure the trailer is registered
· Make sure the trailer is in good condition
· Requires strong brakes to stop and hold the trailer
· Must have proper lights
· Must have two separate ways of attaching the trailer to your vehicle
· Need to use a good trailer hitch
· Carry a safe load that is balanced evenly

https://twitter.com/Woodstock_PS/status/1273718769957908480

:huh: :D :lol:

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on June 20, 2020, 03:37:36 PM
QuoteSheriff Ralph Kersey
  · Shared with Public

Sheriff D. Clarke says it best!

It's not the police who need to be retrained, it's the public. We have grown into a mouthy, mobile phone wielding, vulgar, uncivil society with no personal responsibility and the attitude of 'it's the other person's fault', 'you owe me'. A society where children grow up with no boundaries or knowledge or concern for civil society and personal responsibility.

When an officer says "Put your hands up," then put your hands up! Don't reach for something in your pocket, your lap, your seat. There's plenty of reason for a police officer to feel threatened, there have been multiple assaults and ambushes on police officers lately. Comply with requests from the officer, have your day in court. Don't mouth off, or fight, or refuse to comply... that escalates the situation.

Police officers are our sons and daughters, fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters. They're black, white, brown, all colours, all ethnicities, all faiths, male and female, they are us. They see the worst side of humanity... the raped children, the bloody mangled bodies of traffic victims, the bruised and battered victims of domestic violence, homicide victims, body parts... day after day.

They work holidays while we have festive meals with our families. They miss school events with their kids, birthdays, anniversaries, all those special occasions that we take for granted. They work in all types of weather, under dangerous conditions, for relatively low pay.

They have extensive training, but they are human. When there are numerous attacks on them, they become hyper vigilant for a reason, they have become targets. When a police officer encounters any person... any person, whether at a traffic stop, a street confrontation, an arrest, whatever... that situation has the potential to become life threatening. You, Mr & Mrs/Miss Civilian, also have the responsibility of keeping the situation from getting out of control.

Many law enforcement officers are Veterans. They've been in service to this nation most of their lives, whether on the battlefield or protecting us here at home. They are the only thing that stands between us and anarchy in the streets.

If you want to protect your child, teach them respect.

Ok so we have a society with no respect for boundaries or civil responsibility yet somehow this hasn't impacted the police at all who are somehow immune even though they came from these same communities. So therefore no reform is necessary.

I would think the basic assumption: that children coming up have no sense of personal responsibility or civic responsibility would therefore make us even more vigilant about our police forces not less.

I don't agree with that assumption but he seems to want it both ways. That some how bad parenting is making civilians worse but not cops. How is that possible?

And his basically saying be compliant or expect to get killed doesn't really strike me as an inspiring civil minded arguement respective personal responsibility. It sounds like a bunchn of excuse making for somebody who wants to avoid it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Ok, what is so objectionable about that statement?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

"If you're black and poor, it's nobody's but your own fucking fault. Society isn't against you, and I have no responsibility in helping engender change."
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

He may think that, but it's not what he said.

Tamas

Eddie Teach

Right, get back to mocking straw men.