News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Definitely my experience in Japan. Big troubles at first but got over them. Though I kept being a victim of it.
Cops dealing with areas with a large black population really shouldn't have that problem.
██████
██████
██████

merithyn

Quote from: Syt on June 15, 2020, 03:28:58 PM
*pic of rings*

Okay, this is disgusting. :mad: They've gone too fucking far with this shit.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2020, 11:58:58 AM
Quote from: Syt on June 16, 2020, 11:51:39 AM

Well fortunately no political party is doing that Charlie Daniels unless wanting to beat a sitting President in an election is going to destroy his supporters somehow.

I mean... That was McConnell's stated purpose in the Senate during the entire Obama administration.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Why is there some kind of weird lagoon in the background?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Syt on June 18, 2020, 12:37:20 AM

Yet he shares their belief that white people have some sort of collective responsibility for other white people.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Threviel

Quote from: grumbler on June 17, 2020, 05:00:18 PM
Quote from: Threviel on June 16, 2020, 07:21:18 AM
I believe it unreasonable that civilians walk around with guns if they have no particular reason to do it.

You've said lots of dumb things, but this one struck me as particularly dumb.  How do you know his motivations for carrying a gun?  You claim that he had "no particular reason" to carry a gun, but I find your claims to mind-reading a dead person highly suspect.

Damn grumbsy, that's harsh, I was just assuming. I don't really know of any good reasons for any ordinary civilian/non-police member of society to carry a hand gun on their persons around in daily life. Perhaps there are good reasons, I'm just not clever enough to see any. Therefore I assumed that he had no good reason to carry a gun.

Syt

My sisters had shared a few posts that they support good cops and think bad cops need to be weeded out. Those posts seem to have disappeared. :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

grumbler

Quote from: Threviel on June 18, 2020, 01:25:35 AM
Damn grumbsy, that's harsh, I was just assuming. I don't really know of any good reasons for any ordinary civilian/non-police member of society to carry a hand gun on their persons around in daily life. Perhaps there are good reasons, I'm just not clever enough to see any. Therefore I assumed that he had no good reason to carry a gun. 

Since your argument was that "The victim didn't need to carry a gun but he did because he lives in a weird society where it's acceptable for normal people to go around with lethal weapons for no good reason at all" and this all just turns out to be a mere assumption on your part, your argument rather falls apart.  That you can't think of a good reason for something doesn't mean that you can make up a stupid reason and use that to lessen the guilt of the officers who murdered him.  I don't think calling stupid claims stupid is harsh at all.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on June 18, 2020, 02:07:34 AM
My sisters had shared a few posts that they support good cops and think bad cops need to be weeded out. Those posts seem to have disappeared. :unsure:

They now know Antifa is behind it all.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 18, 2020, 10:42:30 PM
Quote from: Syt on June 18, 2020, 02:07:34 AM

They now know Antifa is behind it all.

They now know Canadian Tire is behind it all.   :ph34r:

Watch out for it's leader, Sandy McTire:

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

QuoteRebecca Hardiman
  · Shared with Public

Portland...Seattle...Minneapolis....Los Angeles.....New York.... I hope all the Police Officers quit, and never look back.  Let them have their twisted "Utopia" without Police Officers.

The cities across this Country that are defunding and disrespecting Police Officers - throwing them away like garbage, allowing Rioters to bludgeon them - and demand they stand-down against violent looters and anfifa who have commandeered major cities.  WOW. 

And the States that allow this actually think THIS is the side that most people are on?  THIS will win them votes?  THIS will make the world a better place? THIS will help them "get rid of Trump?"  Boy are they in for a huge surprise this Fall. #WalkAway
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

So many cities that are now under Canadian Tire's direct control.

The Brain

Is it me or is customer service going to hell in America?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2020, 05:03:02 PM
Quote from: viper37 on June 17, 2020, 04:35:06 PM
Quote from: PDH on June 17, 2020, 09:45:19 AM
Quote from: Threviel on June 17, 2020, 07:10:06 AM
Probably not. Point being?

I believe the point here is that in hierarchy of race in the US the notion among whites is "all blacks look the same" which allows the non-individualism of blacks and the ability to treat innocent, guilty, suspect, and passerby as the same - "likely criminal."
lots of people seem to have genuine difficulties in differentiating black males from one another, no specifically related to racism.

I don't find it that hard.
me neither, but I do have a problem with names, independant of colour.

But some people focus on the hair/skin/eyes color to remember individual, so two black guys of similar shades&shape with black hair and brown eyes are hard to distinguish for them.  I never heard of anyone confusing Dwayne Johnson with Cuba Gooding Jr, though. :D 

Women tend to have more varieties on how they do their hair, might be why I hear this complaint less often with regards to women.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.