News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

This one is NOT from my sister, but from the comment thread to the image above:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Did he bring back all the manufacturing and protect our borders? Did he take care of America?

I don't see much evidence of success :unsure: all the problems that existed before Trump still existed as the pandemic hit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on April 03, 2020, 10:02:52 AM
Did he bring back all the manufacturing and protect our borders? Did he take care of America?

I don't see much evidence of success :unsure: all the problems that existed before Trump still existed as the pandemic hit.

He wanted to put the mean dumbocrats prevented him. :secret:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

The coronavirus caravan got through.

But he did get a wall up.  There is an enormous unbreachable wall of stupidity protecting American citizens from reality.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

viper37

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 03, 2020, 11:47:52 AM

The coronavirus caravan got through.

But he did get a wall up.  There is an enormous unbreachable wall of stupidity protecting American citizens from reality.
See, that's the problem, only one side of the country is protected by a wall.  Had the Democrats not tried to impeach him, he would have built walls all around the US and the virus would never have reached you.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

The media is keeping the truth from you!
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Terrorism isn't as sexy as it was a couple months ago.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

She's been in the news multiple times since then here in the UK. I've only heard though that killer was a woman in her 30s and currently being held in a psych ward.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on April 05, 2020, 02:45:54 AM
She's been in the news multiple times since then here in the UK. I've only heard though that killer was a woman in her 30s and currently being held in a psych ward.

You clearly overlook that a crime is much more important and horrible to some people if committed by a non-white, non-Christian person. And vice versa. My sisters didn't share any posts/memes about the immigrants killed recently by a white supremacist in Hanau, Germany.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Syt on April 05, 2020, 03:06:32 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 05, 2020, 02:45:54 AM

You clearly overlook that a crime is much more important and horrible to some people if committed by a non-white, non-Christian person. And vice versa. My sisters didn't share any posts/memes about the immigrants killed recently by a white supremacist in Hanau, Germany.

I still haven't seen anything (beyond that image) that says she was killed by a non-white, non-Christian person.

Syt

1. That's because THEY(TM) don't want you to know.
2. Are you questioning the sources of the "Imam of Peace"?
—Stephen Jay Gould

grumbler

The "Imam of Peace" who couldn't even be bothered to find out her name before spewing his hate?

Her name was Emily Jones.  She was stabbed in Bolton, the town where the park was located.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!