News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Are they aware of what the President is being impeached for? Because it is not taking donations.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on October 07, 2019, 12:18:09 AM
Are they aware of what the President is being impeached for? Because it is not taking donations.

My guess is the graphs (from a separate post) are meant to illustrate that it's really the Democrats colluding with Ukraine via the Clinton Foundation proxy.

I would like to see a similar chart showing Trump's income.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

They operate on the premise of Republicans = pro-Army/Veterans = more money for us, therefore everything Republican = awesome, and everything Democrat = enemy.
—Stephen Jay Gould

dps

Quote from: Syt on October 07, 2019, 12:38:39 AM
They operate on the premise of Republicans = pro-Army/Veterans = more money for us, therefore everything Republican = awesome, and everything Democrat = enemy.

They who?  Syt's family?

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Really? Hatred for engineers? What did we do to offend your family?

Anyway you might tell them that the Romans had many great engineers who trained for many years to develop their skills. So their basic point is a lie.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on October 10, 2019, 12:04:02 PM

Yeah nobody has ever discussed immigration before in the Senate.

Who is "they" in this case?

And an anti-Trump tweet? Weird.

Razgovory

I'm kind of stumped on what the hell that one is suppose to mean.  But I did come up with different version.

"Without a single degree, they built us roads that have lasted an eternity... and then the historians arrived and it turns out that the roads were designed by educated professionals, few of the roads have survived, and that 2300 years ago isn't an eternity.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

By the way didn't your family post something recently about how you should stop whining about low wage labor and go out and develop skills and now they are saying unskilled labor is way superior to people who have skills?

DGuller

It's not that difficult to build stuff that lasts forever if you dedicate enough resources to it.  The problem is that modern engineers understand that it rarely makes economic sense, though.