And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: grumbler on October 02, 2019, 12:25:46 PM
Quote from: Syt on October 02, 2019, 11:44:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb6JeX6dvEk&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2XrlxCTwF7V8Pb2_xD_KNRbPz1JfquJpQvNn0bZAueL8swAdJ9_b7ThWc

QuoteNBC News: Hillary Clinton 'Covered Up' Pedophile Ring At State Department (2013)

NBC news from 2013 with Chuck Todd, Matt Lauer

It's claimed that ....

Any time a claim starts in passive voice, just stop reading.

It's said that you shouldn't do that.

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

I mean at least put "sources are saying that..."
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

Quote from: Valmy on October 02, 2019, 12:50:54 PM
I mean at least put "sources are saying that..."

Except all too often, especially in reporting, "It's claimed...", or "It is said..." is really just a mask for "I want to say/claim..." to avoid outing themselves as an accuser.  :P

frunk

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 02, 2019, 01:06:33 PM

Except all too often, especially in reporting, "It's claimed...", or "It is said..." is really just a mask for "I want to say/claim..." to avoid outing themselves as an accuser.  :P

Or a moron.

Syt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3AcMNDB3KA&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR1j7yLg84JzdmuagvWxaVksxuME7abXtx0eTdrYL9V5OX-LO1jBEyhfo2U

QuoteTribute to Benghazi Heroes, we will never forget your murders

A tribute to our murdered American Heroes who were left to die at Benghazi. May their memories be eternal!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

They are welcome to investigate and prosecute whomever they feel is responsible if they have some evidence.

I grow weary of these accusations that never are attached to any action. It makes me suspicious that they are being entirely honest about their concerns.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

Didn't they have like half a dozen hearings/investigations into Benghazi that didn't come up with anything?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on October 02, 2019, 03:55:58 PM
Didn't they have like half a dozen hearings/investigations into Benghazi that didn't come up with anything?

Yes.

Syt

I bet the smoking gun is on the secret Hillary server. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Minsky Moment

They didn't come up with anything implicating Secretary Clinton.
On the other hand, the fact that House Republicans gutted funding for embassy security was pretty well established.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

And the Congressman who was most scathing about State Department fuckups was Mike Pompeo, now the SecState most irritated by Congress investigating the State Department.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

One consistent thing in all the nuttery far-right internet posts regardless of language (well, it's both in English and Hungarian at least) is their completely inability to make a post without any grammatical errors. It just does not happen.

Valmy

This billboard is located in Houston

The "enemy" is "defecting". So chill right wing nutcases. The same thing impacting your churches is also impacting their mosques.

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on October 03, 2019, 09:43:11 AM
One consistent thing in all the nuttery far-right internet posts regardless of language (well, it's both in English and Hungarian at least) is their completely inability to make a post without any grammatical errors. It just does not happen.
They're doing the best they can with the shit foreign language education their country provides. :angry: