News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

The woman in front looks like she has some giant blood.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Did the women's soccer team self-identify as heroes or something?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on August 05, 2019, 12:05:55 AM
Did the women's soccer team self-identify as heroes or something?

They asked  for more money and New York gave them a parade.  Seven degrees of Kevin Bacon.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Gay Republican
August 3 at 9:35 PM ·
Why?

Why do these mass shootings keep happening here in the Land of the Free and the Brave?

I used to think that the massacre and destruction at Pulse, my home away from home, was the worst shooting that we would ever tolerate!

But, the shootings keep happening...

Because we need tougher gun laws?!?! Ummm...no! Gun laws don't deter criminals, clearly!

We need to do a much better job of identifying and treating ACEs (adverse childhood experiences), providing mental health services, and also disciplining our children!!!

Spoiling psychotic and violent children with no repercussions leads to defiant teens and then incompetent adults!!!

A society of massively overly stimulated, yet underwhelmingly disciplined youth, who are simultaneously empowered and disilllusioned by the social media stars they ridiculously worship, has led to illogical discontentment instead of gratefulness, entitlement instead of empathy, incompetence instead of diligence, and ultimately violence instead of the generosity and compassion necessary to be good people!

We are failing our youth...by not teaching them to be strong warriors, dedicated patriots, and compassionate citizens! So thankful that my parents disciplined me, expected the best of me, and never, ever let me expect less than the best for myself! Why are parents in our current culture afraid to hold their children to a high standard, discipline them, and effectively raise successful adults?! We need to raise victors; not victims!

Victims seek revenge...

Victors seek success!!!

Have we all experienced disappointments, crushing failures, and/or horrific abuse? Probably yes! Did it cause all of us to be failures? Unkind to others? And/or mass shooters? Clearly no!!!!!!!
Prayers for the families of this latest tragedy!!!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Why do gays abuse punctuation marks so flagrantly?

Syt

The Independent Conservative
· 10 hrs ·

Anyone that thinks passing a law, ANY LAW that takes rights away from millions of law abiding citizens will stop shootings is a plain and simple ignorant IDIOT and need to shut up, be seen and not heard! Evil People exist and they do NOT care about laws....... it is illegal to KILL! Hasn't stopped a single psycho yet! Mental illness has been allowed to run wild with no restriction! Both Republicans and Democrats have FAILED to do ANYTHING to change it, why...... because neither have figured out how to make money on it!  :ultra:  :ultra:  :ultra:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

I think the way to make money off providing services is fairly straightforward, not sure what there is to figure out.

And how do they know that nobody at all is deterred from murder being illegal?

Anyway I look forward to all these conservatives finally creating a robust and thorough reform to our Mental Health system.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on August 05, 2019, 09:29:19 AM
I think the way to make money off providing services is fairly straightforward, not sure what there is to figure out.

And how do they know that nobody at all is deterred from murder being illegal?

Anyway I look forward to all these conservatives finally creating a robust and thorough reform to our Mental Health system.

They will once you explain to them how to make money off it.

Syt

They busy today.

Gay Republican
· August 3 ·

Disgracing the legacy of one of America's greatest and most widely loved Presidents is beyond shameful! I am absolutely livid and repulsed! The Left obviously has no respect for President Reagan - who wholeheartedly loved America - the "shining city on the hill," created countless jobs, restored our economy, rebuilt our honorable military, tore down the Berlin Wall, and defeated the communist Soviet Union! The grandest hero of the Cold War! Among a plethora of other notable accomplishments! But now, because he was recorded reacting in justifiable anger to a disgraceful meeting of the incompetent UN, on a private phone conversation, he's being denigrated posthumously...it is utterly disrespectful and frightening! Can you imagine if everything you'd ever uttered in anger was being broadcast nationwide?! Especially after you served this country in such a tremendous way and can no longer defend yourself?! Seriously?! Reagan wasn't racist! Republicans aren't racists!!! Damn! It's as if logic, reason, and comprehension of historical culture have been completely erased! These are different times! Many things that are deemed racist or offensive today were completely acceptable in our culture in the past - it was simply called freedom of speech! Am I affirming racism or discrimination? Absolutely not! I'm simply stating the fact that cultural norms have changed!!! Good grief!!! I just "can't even" anymore...I am literally dumbfounded by the ignorance and "snowflake mentality" that are inundating our culture!!!
Reagan, thank you for being an amazing patriot!!! I love you and America!!! ❤️🇺🇸
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 05, 2019, 09:48:19 AM
They will once you explain to them how to make money off it.

Well you provide money for mental health services and then people who provide mental health services will get paid.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on August 05, 2019, 09:59:19 AM
They busy today.

Um the 80s were not this big racist era they think it was. I was there.

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on August 05, 2019, 10:01:13 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 05, 2019, 09:59:19 AM
They busy today.

Um the 80s were not this big racist era they think it was. I was there.

I think this refers to the Nixon/Reagan tape from the 60s or 70s?
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on August 05, 2019, 10:03:30 AM

Wait so Nixon was asking him about UN stuff when he was the Governor of California? Ah well. That is what I get for not keeping up with the outrage du jour.

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on August 05, 2019, 10:07:19 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 05, 2019, 10:03:30 AM

Wait so Nixon was asking him about UN stuff when he was the Governor of California? Ah well. That is what I get for not keeping up with the outrage du jour.

October 71, it seems.

Audio link:
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/07/ronald-reagans-racist-conversation-richard-nixon/595102/

QuoteThe day after the United Nations voted to recognize the People's Republic of China, then–California Governor Ronald Reagan phoned President Richard Nixon at the White House and vented his frustration at the delegates who had sided against the United States. "Last night, I tell you, to watch that thing on television as I did," Reagan said. "Yeah," Nixon interjected. Reagan forged ahead with his complaint: "To see those, those monkeys from those African countries—damn them, they're still uncomfortable wearing shoes!" Nixon gave a huge laugh.
—Stephen Jay Gould