Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 31, 2018, 09:45:41 AM
Quote from: Syt on October 31, 2018, 02:50:29 AM
My sister, the nurse, everybody.

JHC.  Influenza kills tens of thousands of Americans every year.  80,000 last year. Spreading this horseshit puts the lives of thousands at risk.

Yeah.  When it comes to vaccination, I'm not a big fan of flu vaccines, because there are so many varieties of influenza, and you can only get vaccinated against a few, but at least you can protect against those few.

crazy canuck

Quote from: dps on October 31, 2018, 11:01:51 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 31, 2018, 09:45:41 AM
Quote from: Syt on October 31, 2018, 02:50:29 AM
My sister, the nurse, everybody.

JHC.  Influenza kills tens of thousands of Americans every year.  80,000 last year. Spreading this horseshit puts the lives of thousands at risk.

Yeah.  When it comes to vaccination, I'm not a big fan of flu vaccines, because there are so many varieties of influenza, and you can only get vaccinated against a few, but at least you can protect against those few.

Even if they guess wrong that year, you still have some protection for when that strain does come around. 

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2018, 11:25:47 AM
But it makes your arm sore.

Get a bit more muscle and you should be fine for the next time.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

I think, its an Ordinary Person, made especially EDGY by choosing the pic of a black woman. Just driving home the point of the DEPTHS the Democrats have fallen to.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on October 31, 2018, 12:01:54 PM
I think, its an Ordinary Person, made especially EDGY by choosing the pic of a black woman. Just driving home the point of the DEPTHS the Democrats have fallen to.

I meant which Democratic politician was calling for assassinations and physical assaults. Because if it is just some person on the internet I am pretty sure I could find random people saying things about Obama to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on October 31, 2018, 12:01:54 PM
looking at the grammar, I think it's a russian bot.  They are very strong on internet memes like these.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2018, 12:04:04 PMBecause if it is just some person on the internet I am pretty sure I could find random people saying things about Obama to.
but that doesn't count.  It was an act of resistance.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Richard Hakluyt

The pic appears to have been stolen from the front cover of a book about school leaders :

https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR2078.html

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

I don't understand why, given that we learn it in school, it is so hard to recall that our two main parties have shifted their policies in many ways from their stances in the past.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Clearly you've been brainwashed by the liberal media. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on November 01, 2018, 05:52:06 AM
I don't understand why, given that we learn it in school, it is so hard to recall that our two main parties have shifted their policies in many ways from their stances in the past.

We've spotted the source of the brainwashing!

Clearly, teaching stuff in school must end.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius