News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on July 05, 2018, 11:08:38 AM
No, I said illegal aliens can get benefits via identity theft.

What should the solutions to that problem be?

Keep in mind that people can get benefits via identify theft without also being illegal aliens.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 05, 2018, 11:08:38 AM
No, I said illegal aliens can get benefits via identity theft.

And I said so can anybody.

Is ID theft by these people a serious problem? I mean I guess I assume most of them are pretty uneducated desperate people who probably lack the tools available to organized crime. But I guess some of those people who stay past their VISA could be doing it. And they probably would have to steal an elderly person's ID to really get that much out of it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

I'm not sure what you're trying to read into what I said.  I was just pointing out that there was a way for illegals to get the full range of benefits.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 05, 2018, 11:39:52 AM
I'm not sure what you're trying to read into what I said.  I was just pointing out that there was a way for illegals to get the full range of benefits.

And why were you pointing that out? Without any context what choice do I have but to try to read something into it?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on July 05, 2018, 11:39:52 AM

... but not legally, which was the point you were responding to.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

I think the main way illegals "steal" identities is sharing social security numbers so they can get work.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

I missed you Syt, and I thought I also missed these snippets from the depth of salt-of-the-earth America, but now I am not so sure about the latter.  :lol:

Eddie Teach

It's factually incorrect too. Should be Army vs Indians and Cowboys vs Small Ranchers. :alberta:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on July 05, 2018, 11:56:28 AM

A casual observer might think you are posting these rather than you reposting what your relatives are posting on facebook in order to mock them

Syt

Well, I could post all these with a  :rolleyes: or  :face: depending on contents.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 05, 2018, 11:57:17 AM
I think the main way illegals "steal" identities is sharing social security numbers so they can get work.

"Sharing" is a curious choice of words, but otherwise I think you're correct.  Though in many (most?) cases they get the stolen identity, then "legally" obtain work, then use that ID to claim benefits.  And why wouldn't they at that point?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Syt on July 05, 2018, 12:43:46 PM
Well, I could post all these with a  :rolleyes: or  :face: depending on contents.

Don't do it on CC's account.

Jacob

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 05, 2018, 01:15:11 PM
Quote from: Syt on July 05, 2018, 12:43:46 PM

Don't do it on CC's account.

Yeah, it'd be weird to log in with someone else's credentials. If you do it, please continue using the Syt account.