News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 29, 2017, 01:21:22 PM
A third of the Senate were deciding votes.

Hey take it up with Jack Kennedy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

They don't mean Southern Hemisphere, caballero.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 29, 2017, 04:26:54 PM

A few years ago we were boating on delta near Rio La Plata and passed a decent sized boat that had both Argentine and Confederate flags.  My father in law's best guess was that the boat owner was maybe a big Elvis fan.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

ulmont

Quote from: derspiess on August 30, 2017, 11:29:58 AM
A few years ago we were boating on delta near Rio La Plata and passed a decent sized boat that had both Argentine and Confederate flags.  My father in law's best guess was that the boat owner was maybe a big Elvis fan.

Possible fan of John L. Cook clothes, possible descendant of the Confederados.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/confederate-flag-logo-john-l-cook-argentina_us_55cb8d39e4b0f73b20bb7ce4
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/gq8ae9/welcome-to-americana-brazil-0000580-v22n2

alfred russel

A few years ago I was on a bus in Tanzania, and went by a house that had a giant confederate flag blanket drying in the front yard. I really wish I'd been able to stop and take a picture (I'm sure it was just part of excess stuff that gets donated to charity when it doesn't sell).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: alfred russel on August 30, 2017, 11:48:27 AM

A few years ago I was on a bus in Tanzania, and went by a house that had a giant confederate flag blanket drying in the front yard. I really wish I'd been able to stop and take a picture (I'm sure it was just part of excess stuff that gets donated to charity when it doesn't sell).

It might be that, or it might be the decontextualization that you see sometimes in places where they get American pop culture but not American history. "It's a rebel flag, and I'm a rebel! :cool:"
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Malthus

I had an odd moment of that sort among the hill tribes on the Thai-Burmese border: an entire tribe outfitted in disco-era clothes. One guy had a silver lame shirt and bellbottoms.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

sbr

I want to find the village that thinks the buffalo bills are the best team in the history of the NFL.

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on August 30, 2017, 12:54:11 PM
I want to find the village that thinks the buffalo bills are the best team in the history of the NFL.

The village elders talk about the glorious Minnesota Vikings of the 70s.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on August 30, 2017, 12:40:56 PM

I had an odd moment of that sort among the hill tribes on the Thai-Burmese border: an entire tribe outfitted in disco-era clothes. One guy had a silver lame shirt and bellbottoms.
So, Eurotrip wasn't too far off the mark then?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oMGErAHZsI
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?