News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I think they should just go back to 1970 then. Good luck to them.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2017, 06:49:02 AM

Isn't voting Trump the next best thing?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on April 26, 2017, 07:23:56 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2017, 06:49:02 AM

Isn't voting Trump the next best thing?

Nah, as that's probably pre-70s. Somewhere 1930s-50s.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on April 26, 2017, 06:22:29 AM
I always love those "kids then vs. kids today" posts - well, who's setting the rules for the kids today, eh? Very often the kids from back then, no?

Also, I do think this is a very good point.

Berkut

I pissed off a relative at the last yearly family dinner saying that.

They were all doing the "bitch about kids these days/millenials". He was specifically bitching about his daughter.

I said that it "kids these days" were lazy and entitled, it must be our fault, since we raised them. I wasn't calling out HIM in particular, but of course...

Anyway, he didn't seem to care for the implication. And it never seemed to have occurred to him that whatever his daughter was, or was not, was either do to

A) Her nature, which comes from him and his wife, and for which he has no real control, but then, neither does she, or
B) Her environment, which comes primarily from him and his wife, for which he has plenty of control, and his daughter has none.

It's rather ironic that one of the primary bitches about "kids these days" is a lack of willingness to take responsibility....

Glad I don't have to worry about that branch of the family anymore anyway.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Ed you would fit right in with my (soon to be ex-) wifes family, I suspect.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Adults these days,  :rolleyes:, all they ever do is complain about the latest generation of kids.

HVC

Quote from: DGuller on April 26, 2017, 08:35:34 AM
Adults these days,  :rolleyes:, all they ever do is complain about the latest generation of kids.

The next generation has been the worst generation since the first generation.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

Quote from: DGuller on April 26, 2017, 08:35:34 AM
Adults these days,  :rolleyes: , all they ever do is complain about the latest generation of kids.
Saw a bunch of them complaining about kids the other day.
I went with father see some clients, than he wanted to stop by the shop the guys who transport his lumber are stationned at.
2:00 PM.  4 of them are sitting there talking and smoking.  Complaining that youth these days don't want to work anymore, they expect to make 100$ a day [note: that's for 10-12hrs/day].  The guys are manual workers, but they're all clean as if they were straight out of the shower.  Than the 5th one came, the youngest one, with dirty gloves, as if he was the only one working that day, and rallied them to go transport some lumber.

It could have been a scene from the Sopranos, where the guys are all at the back of the bada-bing chatting about various life problems.

The irony didn't escape me, but none of them seemed to realize it, including my father.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 26, 2017, 07:49:05 AM
Get off my lawn

Tell all your twins to stop holding hands and blocking the hallways all the time, Mengele.

Admiral Yi

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Admiral Yi

QuoteScenario 4: Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives screams at him.

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 27, 2017, 10:22:10 AM
QuoteScenario 4: Billy breaks a window in his neighbor’s car and his Dad gives screams at him.

Education wasn't the best back in the 70's, what with all the fighting, gun ogling, and drug rings apparently going on.